my mini never fails

Discussion in 'Ruger Mini 14' started by Jimbo1, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Jimbo1

Jimbo1 New Member

seems like i see people having problems with theirs and i just wanna say that i have a 581 , will eat everything , id say for this platform; its the best one i own, getting a 3moa and has been running for a few years , i wouldn't trade it for an ar anytime,this gun will scream right past em while they burp and sputter.

just wanted to say that ...... thx

2. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Two of the guys I shoot with used to use Minis. Neither of them ever had a jam. They use ARs now for the accuracy. If Ruger made Minis that would consistently go under an inch like most ARs seem to do, there wouldn't be a reason for ARs to exist...

3. Jimbo1

Jimbo1 New Member

i get the accuracy thing, if ur having fun at the range and such, i see it as combat accurate, both r 75 yards and in, i like the fact that it will run and run, u can watch the case pile from the ar and when it starts to move soak it down , the mini , forget it , duck who knows where they land ...lol... wet dry run run run

4. ElmCreekSmith

ElmCreekSmith New Member

My brother has a Colt HBAR that is WAY more accurate than my Mini-14 at the range. It also weighs about twice as much as my Mini and won't feed just anything. If I were shooting target competition or long-range varminting, I'd probably want an AR. I don't do those things, so my Mini will do nicely at predator (coyote) control and defensive use. I KNOW it will go BANG every time I pull the trigger.

ECS

5. Grizz12

Grizz12 New Member

I look forward to testing my 582 tactical when the weather gets above 40 degrees...

6. Jimbo1

Jimbo1 New Member

I'm glad to hear others that like theirs too. We have shoots quite often and people are drawn to the ar's at first , but when I lay down my mine everyone stops to watch and have a turn :),