Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems like i see people having problems with theirs and i just wanna say that i have a 581 , will eat everything , id say for this platform; its the best one i own, getting a 3moa and has been running for a few years , i wouldn't trade it for an ar anytime,this gun will scream right past em while they burp and sputter.

just wanted to say that ...... thx

·
Registered
992 Posts
Two of the guys I shoot with used to use Minis. Neither of them ever had a jam. They use ARs now for the accuracy. If Ruger made Minis that would consistently go under an inch like most ARs seem to do, there wouldn't be a reason for ARs to exist...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i get the accuracy thing, if ur having fun at the range and such, i see it as combat accurate, both r 75 yards and in, i like the fact that it will run and run, u can watch the case pile from the ar and when it starts to move soak it down , the mini , forget it , duck who knows where they land ...lol... wet dry run run run

·
Registered
12 Posts
My brother has a Colt HBAR that is WAY more accurate than my Mini-14 at the range. It also weighs about twice as much as my Mini and won't feed just anything. If I were shooting target competition or long-range varminting, I'd probably want an AR. I don't do those things, so my Mini will do nicely at predator (coyote) control and defensive use. I KNOW it will go BANG every time I pull the trigger.

ECS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad to hear others that like theirs too. We have shoots quite often and people are drawn to the ar's at first , but when I lay down my mine everyone stops to watch and have a turn :),

1 - 6 of 6 Posts