Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After further inspection of my LW Commander I did some research on line and happen to run across an article of the old series 80's Colts. I never had an 80 series but did have a National Match 70 series. Tremendous shooter and I was dumb enough to sell it. The article mentioned on how we used to push down on the bolt assy when the trigger was not cocked and looked for movement. I had forgotten about this. I tried this on my Commander and noticed (with a little force) vertical movement of about 1/16 of an inch or maybe a hair shorter. To me, I could be wrong, that would indicate that my locking lugs and barrel assembly is not hooking up correctly. If so that would also indicate bushing and barrel misalignment in the slide area. I tried to do it with my full size and my standard Commander and it would NOT do it. If i am wrong in my conclusions, or if someone who is more knowledgeable than me, and I am sure there are many, please explain this to this moron so I can better understand what is happening. Thanks for any help!!
Tommy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts