My LNIB LC9

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Pancho_Villa, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Went to cruise a small ma and pa gunshow up the coast on Sat. to avoid shopping with the wife and daughter. Took a few swap guns, but the show was slow. Spent alot of time taling to some gun trader friends and watching what came in the door. Wasn't much thawt day.

I did manage to snag this LC9 off a guy wanting to trade it for a bigger frame 9 cause he "couldn't hit anything with the little gun at 25 yds." O.k. How much" He wanted 3 bills cash or trade. That wasn't workng with the dealers. There were a couple of LC9s on the table he was looking at for 355+. All he could get in a swap was 2 so he was knda pizzed cause he had bought the gun from the same dealer in May and it only had less than 50 rounds through it. I tried 2 and 2 and a quarter. We finally settled on 250. He had the box, all paperwork, manual, and zipper bag.

It was no smokin' deal, but O.K. I had been hounding a guy with an LNIB S&W Shield all mornng. he wanted 425 for it, which wasn't bad, but I hated to give more than 350 for that one. Anyway, I snagged the Ruger for less. My favorite brand.:D

[​IMG]

I'll be running a few rounds through it later today. Hope to get some kinda range report on it. But I won't be trying to do any "bullseye" work with it at 25 yds. like the previos owner. It's a PDW. That's all and it's great for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
  2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats on the LC9...not a bad deal at all......looks great.....

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

PV that aint a bad deal,
    glad to see your still at it, cruising the shows, and making them deals.

Im still always on the lookout for a PV deal.:D

Missed a CZ 52 7,62x25, LNIB, with original holster, yesterday for $175.
    I hesitated for 10 minutes ,and it was gone. I gotta start pulling the trigger a little quicker.

btw, grats on the Ruger.

JIm

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  4. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats in the LC9 you find it a just right carry gun. You will be pleased

5. Pancho_Villa

Gotta get out and shoot it now. Had some relatives here overnight. They left. They don't shoot. Later with a range report of some kind.

6. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Congrats on the new addition !

Enjoy it

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

8. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Congrats on your new-to-you Elsie.

9. Pancho_Villa

Decided to go out in the 105 degree heat and fire the little gun. I had some WWB FMJs handy, so I took it out back with the standard Pancho Villa, "El Cheapo" 15" pizza box target. My shooting distance was 10 feet which was more realistic than the previous owner at 25 yds. Didn't even clean it. Looked unfired and should work clean or dirty. Firing as fast as I could line up the 3 dot sights, the gun worked flawlessly. However, it did not like that ammo. It strung it's shots all over the right side of the box. I figured I could not have been that bad, so I slow fired a mag. Same thing. Went back to the house to change amoo. Dug up an old partial box of Rem Golden Sabers.

Back out and same thing again at 10 feet. Much better. Well centered and even got one in the black. That worked for me. Already have it in a Bianchi IWB leather thumb breake that I had. Gotta dig up a couple of more boxes of that Rem ammo I have stashed. Also gonna try a couple of other brands later. And gotta find another mag or 2.

Looks like this one will be carried.:D

[​IMG]

10. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Excellent work PV !!

11. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for updates on that little guy. I'm very pleased with mine I just wish I bought it long ago

12. Pancho_Villa

Yes, really glad I got this one. Almost had to draw it today. I usually carry a beater Bersa .380, bud decided to take this instead when I went on an out of town trip. I went to see a doctor and deliver a heavy padded chair and ottoman to my daughter when the incident happened.

I was just about done with the chair. I was dragging the chair up a wheelchair ramp in from of her duplex apartment. About 5 feet from the door I heard a voice say, "Let me help you with that." I had been looking back at the door and didnot see a guy come up the ramp. He was down and starting to pick up the chair. I told him to forget it cause I wa almost there, but he picked it up alone and started coming forward which was backing me up the ramp and up to the partly open front door. All I could do was back up cause the ramp had rails.

Fearing some kinda home invasion thing, I reached behind my back for the pistola, ready to draw if he pushed the chair on me or made any threatening gestures. He then said, "Let's turn it." He was doing it all cause I did not even have a hold of the chair. he set it down on it's side and shoved it in the doorway backing me up again. Then he straightened the cchair up and stood up so I could finally see his face. He glanced at my wife inside and at me with my hand behind my back. He stepped back out the outside door and said, "Bye." He hurried down the ramp and possible to a red truck that had been parked in front of a house that was being remodeled next door. By the time I moved the chair the truck was already gone. Thinking it was one of the guys working on the house next door or the guy in the duplex next to my daughter, I just blew it off.

Later, wife told the daughter about it and we gave her the description of the guy. Not her neighbor and she didn't know about the guys working on the house cause she didn't know them.

Threat or no threat? The guy showed no aggression, but it was odd behavior and I felt threatened cause he kept backing me up using the chair. Just glad I was ready if it was a threat.