My home town

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phideaux, Jan 3, 2016.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Just thought I would give a glimpse of the County (smallest in Ky) where I live, and all the flooding .

https://www.facebook.com/LyonCounty

how are things where you live?

Jim

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I hear it is going to get alot worse before it gets better Jim. The American Red Cross just told us to start packing our bags and prepare to ship out soon. Their big concern was the entire Mississippi River and the Ohio River area, the entire river, from north to south, and anything in the middle.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The weather folks have been calling it a big El Nin~o. I think they could change the label to Big Daddy without many objections (and I wouldn't have to fudge the enya).

In my neck of the woods there has been more precip than usual, but the Big Thing is warmth. I spent Christmas afternoon at a nephew's place near Okemo Mountain. It was 56°F when I got there; that is way high.

4. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Even sunny Southern California is anticipating rain for the next 4-5 days. We may get as much as 2" of rain. They are calling it "STORMWATCH 2016". Yeah, pretty embarrassing compared to real life winter flooding you folks are experiencing.

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Just cloudy and cold here. Nothing on the horizon.

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

My rain gauge showed about an inch over last few days. Skies are blue today and around 70 degrees. The pups are outside exploring everything.
    Wow Jim your area got it bad and what a terrible time for this to happen. Realize this storm goes completely across the whole nation.
    Usually this time of year usually being rather dry I am afraid of the fireworks starting fires, but not this year.

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I just want to take a moment and let all of you folks who may be enduring or having to fight flooding and all the other mess that is going on, that their are still some of us out here that wish you the best and will keep you in our prayers. Please take care!!!

Tommy

8. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Right on, Tommy. God bless all of you who are dealing with weather related troubles. (Or any other troubles, for that matter.)

9. RTAdmin

RTAdmin Administrator Administrator

Things are awesome where I love Jim. You should move to central Texas.

10. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

I think it's nice that you love Jim. I don't know that he's willing to move for you, though.

11. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Just one typo and Austin's entire life's work is for not, and now needs to move to West Hollywood! :D

12. phideaux

Hey , come on guys, we all slip once in a while....

Hey Austin....:quickkiss:....don't let em git to ya..

Jim

13. phideaux

Weather forecast for my home town...:eek:

:popcorn:

Lyon County Kentucky:gaah:

2 hrs ·

WINTER STORM WARNING
    Mike Kinnis has provided the latest. This has been changing but at this time this is expected:
    The time line for tonight may be 8pm starting with freezing rain and icing on roads. We are looking at a major winter storm with icing and heavy snowfall. Ice could be between .10-.30 of an inch.
    Accumulations of snow could run from 6-12+ inches. Wind will also be a player with projected gusts up to 35 miles per hour.
    We could have white out conditions during the heaviest snowfall which prevent our plows from moving
    So. If you need anything over the next couple of days maybe get it today. Sunday will be sunshine and warmer. But till then, due to ice buildup under the snow, roads may be difficult to clear until Sundays warm up.
    Be careful.
    If you do travel in this carry some water, food and blanket in car just in case. Last year I-24 had people trapped for 12 hours. Be safe. Wade White

[​IMG]

14. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Holy cow! Stay safe and warm!

15. phideaux

Oh we will...both.

May get buried alive...but we will be warm.:)

Jim

16. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Good thing you prep ;) At least have a hose to breath threw ;)

17. phideaux

You cant imagine the hysteria going on here, last second scrambling, runs on the only grocery store , gas station, local news, ....:nuts:

jeeeese ...wait till the last minute to try to prepare for a disaster...

Jim