My Flag

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Uncle Levi, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Uncle Levi

Uncle Levi New Member

I'm flying my flag at half staff for the next 4 years. As far as I'm concerned, the America I knew and served for 20 years is dead.

2. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Can’t say that I disagree with your reasoning. Keep your powder dry and if anyone asks just reply that you lost your guns in a boating accident.

3. quirky

quirky Active Member

Dead and buried since the 1980's, some just never realized it. That so called American Dream, is only while you sleep. They got big plans for the world of which resetting the whole of society is one of them.

[​IMG]

4. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

We made it through 2 Obummer terms...........I hope and pray we can make a 3rd term!

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  5. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Well, not dead quite yet, but a bit wounded. From much of what I've been reading in "The Epoch News", the demoncrats are fighting amongst themselves over which policies they will attempt to employ, so Crazy Bernie and Sleepy Joe will have each others minions squabbling at each other like crows in a McDonalds parking lot.

6. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Meanwhile, we get put on lists and they come for our businesses too. How did this happen?

7. quirky

quirky Active Member

Oh yeah, the ATF just raided 80 Percent Arms (polymer 80). Yes indeed, on Trumps watch.
    Guess what they were looking for, all the names who have bought the 80% complete guns and that's all they took. The system is rigged, do they know something the public doesn't, did somebody throw them a hint of what is coming down the pike.

Registration leads to Confiscation ..

8. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS Active Member

upside down is the only way now !

9. SGW Gunsmith

When "quirky's" favorite president, Obama, changed some of the rules pertaining to "firearms manufacturing", that boondoggle made a HUGE difference concerning folks who assemble firearms, even when the receiver has a serial number involved. Here's part of the story:
    "Guns produced from such kits are known as "ghost guns" because they do not contain serial numbers and are considered untraceable. Such guns have drawn the ire of law enforcement officials in recent years as they have been recovered at crime scenes and in police investigations with increasing frequency."

If an individual purchases an AR-15 serial numbered lower, for example, and then assembles all the parts to make an operative rifle, that's fine, as long as they don't sell that firearm and keep it for THEIR use. If they do assemble and sell AR-15 rifles, then they need to become a manufacturer and acquire a "manufacturers license". The goofy "rub" in the law is, if a customer buys and then brings a serial numbered AR-15 lower to his favorite gunsmith to have an "operating" rifle assembled, all is well. An 80% AR kit comes under the rule of being a "ghost gun", and flies in the face of the 1968 Gun Control Act whereby all firearms manufactured after November of 1968 "must have a serial number involved with it". So, it's no wonder why the BATF-E has gotten involved with "firearms kits". Those folks selling them are just tempting fate, so we'll see what the culmination of the raid determines.

I bought a box of gun parts at an auction several years ago that were in an empty cardboard beer case. When I got back to my shop I took time to look through the many parts that were there. Nothing special, mostly trigger guards, bolts, several barrels and a bunch of hammers and even a few 1894 Winchester rifle levers. But when I got to the bottom, there were 14, 1911 grip frames without serial numbers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I called the compliance agent that I normally deal with and he said those grip frames, being that they had no serial number, needed to be "deactivated", that means rendered useless, 'quirky'. So, I cut through the area of the recoil spring tunnel to remove it on all but a couple, which were cut in many more areas. I sold all but two of these deactivated grip frames to folks who asked for those so they could practice "metal checkering" on the front of the grip frame.

10. DrewBone

DrewBone Member

I'll agree to that, as we certainly are in *distress...

*editid two korrekt spellink

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  11. SGW Gunsmith

Spell checker broke? :p Education is a terrible thing to waste, but then, one can learn welding in a couple of hours. :)

12. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I disagree about the welding. In the class that I took at the local junior college after 6 week there were still students that could not get hand to eye coordination down. Of course they may have been someone who couldn’t find their ass with both hands.

13. SGW Gunsmith

Maybe so, concerning some as you mention, but I was schooled by several expert toolmakers using TiG and stick welding. I learned more by watching and doing rather than reading.
    You are correct though concerning some being unable to learn anything. They most often blame it on some fictitious malady, like they were struck by lightning years ago and now their fingers don't work any longer.

14. SGW Gunsmith

Good boy, you just might larn something yet!

15. quirky

quirky Active Member

Like a good gunsmith a welder is a premium. Just about anyone can do a hack job on a gun at the kitchen table or weld a frame together in the garage. How many could pass the weld under X-ray, now that's another story. There's a reason why welders make top dollar at certain company's and are respected. At times lives depend on it.

I worked with a guy many years ago who had over 30 years of welding experience and still was not qualified to weld on critical parts. And this guy put down a nice looking bead. But he knew what he could do and what he couldn't do, "a mans got to know his limitations"

Always be careful of those who brag on their abilities.

16. DParker

DParker Active Member

Yeah...some don't even know where a pistol's chamber is relative to the magazine.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  17. quirky

quirky Active Member

Not hard to understand as I'm sure there are a some newbies on board, I read somewhere where a guy was loading his mags with every other round facing him. For the sake of any newbies here always load the rounds towards the barrel.

[​IMG]

Carl Crosby likes this.
  18. DParker

DParker Active Member

Gee...that makes it look like once that top round gets loaded into the chamber there'll be no way for the next round in the magazine to come into contact with the chambered one, wouldn't you say?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    0311 and SGW Gunsmith like this.
  19. SGW Gunsmith

How many? Well now, I suppose that would completely depend on "how many" really NEED to. Don't you agree?

20. SGW Gunsmith

Well, maybe iffin the magazine follower were to be missing, then the theory would be sorta "plausible". :p