Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a bunch of Ruger semi-auto 22's over the years. Best 22 automatic ever made in my humble opinion.

However I had never owned one of their centerfire autos until recently. I'm a revolver guy at heart but wanted something cheap to shoot 9mm at the range. I spotted this Ruger P-95DC at the local gun store and offered them $250.00 for it (they were asking $300.00) and was somewhat surprised they took it so quickly...shudda offered less I suppose.

Anyway, it only had a ten round mag which is fine for me at the range. And it has been a ball at the range. It just eats my reloads like a hound dog eats dog chow, and is just lights out accurate making a big hole where the X ring used to be from the ten yard line. Cool gun. My wife loves it too, and shoots it better than she does her Glock 17.

The D/A trigger is long but to tell you the truth I don't use it all that much. It's a range toy so I just chamber a round and start shooting. I don't think it's jammed once in the 500 or so rounds we've put through it. The recoil is very soft. I put a drop of orange nail polish on the front sight so my old eyes can see it better.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Congrats on the new range toy,

Old Rugers are hard to beat,

and oh yeah, the old eyes need help here too,

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
The P95 Rugers have had a long run and very were well liked by many.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I Love my P94 and you are correct accuracy is awesome. It will out shoot my S&W M&P daily and my Ruger LC9S. I bought mine with the 10 round magazine then I purchased a Mec-Gar 17 round Magazine for it and never looked back. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...ruger-p85-p89-p93-p94-p95-pc9-9mm-luger-steel
Congratulations on the P95 but it sounds like you may loose it to the wife and probably would not mind that at all. :)

·
SHARPSHOOTER
197 Posts
I am exactly the same as a 'revolver person' and thinking of taking the plunge for a big semi. I had the Mustang Colt .380 and I miss it but I love hand canons. I won't give up my love for revolvers though. They are just too damn fun! Beautiful Semi you got! Just shoot slower and enjoy! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts