My first 10/22

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Fireman22, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

This past weekend I went to a small, local sportsman show and I happened upon a used Mannlicher 10/22 complete with a leather sling and a Simmons 3-9x32 scope for $325. Thought I'd share a photo. IMG_5160.JPG Ruger's serial number chart indicates it is a 1994 vintage and from the look of it, it was a safe queen. Hope it shoots as well as it looks.

2. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I have one almost just like it but my scope is a Tasco. It is a great squirrel killer. I absolute love mine. I am certain you will get many years of pleasure from shooting yours.

Fireman22 likes this.

3. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Great price and you hit the "wood lottery" with that rifle. Nice find.

fredc and Fireman22 like this.
  4. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

The OEM rotary mags are the most reliable. There are other 30-rnd mags, but sometimes they jam up FYI.

Fireman22 likes this.
  5. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. I already purchased a Ruger BX-1 10-round magazine 3-pack at a local dealer. I lucked out there, too. I purchased it for $33. The Ruger website is selling the same pack for $47.95. It's almost unheard of to find gun accessories at a dealer in MA below MSRP.

SGW Gunsmith, I agree with you, the pattern in the wood is a definite bonus.

6. SGW Gunsmith

I've been using the BX-25 Ruger factory magazines and they work great with the BMF Activator. :)

7. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

I wish I could use them too, but unfortunately the possession and/or use of those items in MA will make me a criminal.

8. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Congratulations on a great find, beautiful piece of wood. I have one in stainless with a walnut stock, I'm sure you're going to love it.

9. fredc

fredc New Member

Do you want to sell it ??

10. fredc

fredc New Member

It does have nice wood., do you think it's been shot very much?

11. Armybrat60

Armybrat60 New Member

I have the green laminate stainless version and it shoots straight.

12. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new rifle. The Mannlichers are really cool looking. I have had numerous plain and stainless 10/22s, but never one with the full stodk. Came close a couple of times.

When our local Wally World quit selling guns, they had 2 of the plain laminatedstock guns and 2 with the full stodk. All were 99 bucks each and of course I didn't have a dime on me. I qwent back the next day to get all 4. Of course the laminated Mannlicher stocked guns were gone. At least I got the other 2 with the short stocks. Still have them LNIB. Well, my son put a feew dings on the one laminated stock, so I got a ccouple of Butler Creek side folders for the kids to use one and I have the other one. Keep the stocks boxd now.

Missed another stainless Mannlicher at a gunshow. Guy had walked in with it and I was waithing for good stuff to come in. Sitting like a vulture newr the fromt door of course. However, before I could take 2 steps in his direction, a couple of dealers steppd out and got into a bidding war over it. Decided it wasn't worth it when the bidding got up to 250.

I'll get one at some point. Have fun with yours!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  13. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

Congats, it's a great rifle. I had one w/out the scope as a kid and it was a lot of fun. I took many rabbits and quail home with that little rifle. Enjoy your new gun.

14. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

Brings back many good memories

15. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Thanks for all your positive comments and personal connections everyone.

Sorry Fredc, not for sale. Welcome to the forum by the way.

No significant blemishes on the stock, just one tiny scratch. The receiver has minor signs of use on the inside but both the extractor and the guide rod appear to be brand new. I plan on heading to the range Sunday with my daughter so I'll get to try it out then. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  16. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

17. SGW Gunsmith

The Ruger 10/22's are some really neat rifles to modify for long range shooting, or to just leave as is for a very fun day of shooting.
    This rifle was assembled and set up for 100 yard shooting:

[​IMG]

rugertoter likes this.
  18. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Wow. Very nice! What brand of stock is that?

19. SGW Gunsmith

I think this one is a Boyd's. Pretty much a "drop-in"

rugertoter likes this.
  20. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

The Mannlicher shot great. I will definitely enjoy this rifle for many years. The only thing I think I will need to change is the magazine release. My fat fingers had issues with the stock release. I've begun looking at replacement releases online and was wondering if any of you have any recommendations?

trichey56 likes this.