Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,376 Posts
Nice chart thanks for sharing it with us. Got to love the size of the 45.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The 45 is a devastating round. I have seen its effects on a deer at 60 yards. .451" size hole in one side 4" hole out the other side

·
Registered
907 Posts
My favorite round is .357 Mag. It offers the user a wide variety of hand-load and factory ammo options plus the added benefit of being able to shoot .38 Spl out of the same gun. Variety is the spice of life.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
A .45 ACP on a deer? You sure it wasn't .45 LC? I've not seen too many .45 ACP deer rifles.
Hey Easy,
Back a couple years ago, I bought a HiPoint carbine in .45 acp, JUST TO SEE, what that handgun round could/would do out of a long barrel.
I promise you, that at 60 yds it would knock a deer down instantly.

It amazed me at the force the .45 acp has at that range.

That being said, it is one of my favorite rounds, but my favorite ALL AROUND round is .357 magnum.

Jim

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hey Easy,
Back a couple years ago, I bought a HiPoint carbine in .45 acp, JUST TO SEE, what that handgun round could/would do out of a long barrel.
I promise you, that at 60 yds it would knock a deer down instantly.

It amazed me at the force the .45 acp has at that range.

That being said, it is one of my favorite rounds, but my favorite ALL AROUND round is .357 magnum.

Jim
I would imagine a big ol' 230 gr bullet coming out of a 17-inch barrel would pack quite a punch. To be honest, I had no idea there were so many makers of 45 ACP carbines. I very well may stand corrected. ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
A .45 ACP on a deer? You sure it wasn't .45 LC? I've not seen too many .45 ACP deer rifles.
Easy
I never mentioned acp. I shoot 45 cal 300 gr hornady xtp out of a 454 casull. My niece who is very small frame uses a hi- point in 45 acp carbine. They will both do the job

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
45acp kicks butt....but my favorite round to shoot is a 9mm......

·
Registered
217 Posts
Depends on what the situation is, but... I would have to say the .22lr has brought more smiles to my families faces than any other round that has been fired. That includes target practice, hunting and plinking. For shear enjoyment, big and bigger may not always be the answer.

·
Reloader54
63 Posts
I have 3 calibers that I like. 1).357 mag. I shoot it in my .357 Lever Action and my Revolver and I can also shoot .38spl and .38 +P in them as well. 2) .45LC I have tow guns that shoot this caliber. One is a Rossi Ranch Hand Lever hand gun and the other is a Rugar Blackhawk single action. And last is my 1911-A1 that is in .45acp. This one I'm still getting use to. And I reload my own ammo for all of them. And when I do my reloads I always do loads that are mid to low range when I reload. That way the recoil is not so bad and it saves wear and tear on the firearms.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts