Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the rejected shells flying back into my face and expended casings were being bent, I called Ruger and they sent me a paper to send the pistol back to them. The lady (Vanessa) said it would take about a week for repairs and said there should not be any charge. I also mentioned that it shot low (about 3" @ 25 feet) at the 6 o'clock mark on the #7 square. I told them that using the same ammo, grip, stance, etc that my full size hit the X ring exactly. She said to write a letter and state everything that was wrong and they would correct. I sent a complete letter on all matters and asked them to let me know what corrections are being made. Tomorrow is gun range day, even though it's Easter. Hope they are open. I will keep all posted on what goes on and what if any repairs are made. I feel naked without my Commander as it is my CCW.
Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Im sure they will solve the problem.
Please re-post , what they do to it to correct the problem

Its kinda like ....we want to pick their brain...:)

Jim

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Ruger has great customer service......you will be pleased...

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Did she ask if you tried moving your head in different position?

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did she ask if you tried moving your head in different position?
Buster,
I have tried that and I am using the same head position as my full size. At first, for some reason I was leaning and don't ask me why. I think I was tired at the time. Then I straighten up and was still hitting low. I would first fire my Commander and then go back and use my full size and got the same results. I know head movement or changing positions can make a big difference. You are totally right!!!
Tommy

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im sure they will solve the problem.
Please re-post , what they do to it to correct the problem

Its kinda like ....we want to pick their brain...:)

Jim
Will do Jim. I talked to them today and they said they will test fire quiet a bit and give me a written report of their findings along with probably sending back a target along with the report. I am anxious to find out, however it will be about a week before I get my weapon back. I have never sent one back to the factory before so this is a learning experience for me and I will make sure that I share all the pertinent material with everyone on the forum. Should I find out that part of it is my failure, I will also include that it possibly it may help someone else in the future. Will keep you posted.
Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
LOL I was trying to be funny. If you moved your head position then maybe the shells would miss hitting your face. LOL you proved there was merit to what I asked when you told about you tried that for better accuracy.
My guess is you will have your gun back from Ruger within a week.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL I was trying to be funny. If you moved your head position then maybe the shells would miss hitting your face. LOL you proved there was merit to what I asked when you told about you tried that for better accuracy.
My guess is you will have your gun back from Ruger within a week.
Buster,
I have moved my head-otta my butt cuz my vision was blurred, if that helps!!!!
I appreciate the humor. If we don't have humor, we don't have anything.
Tommy:cryinglaugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts