My Commander is in the shop

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Tommycourt, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Due to the rejected shells flying back into my face and expended casings were being bent, I called Ruger and they sent me a paper to send the pistol back to them. The lady (Vanessa) said it would take about a week for repairs and said there should not be any charge. I also mentioned that it shot low (about 3" @ 25 feet) at the 6 o'clock mark on the #7 square. I told them that using the same ammo, grip, stance, etc that my full size hit the X ring exactly. She said to write a letter and state everything that was wrong and they would correct. I sent a complete letter on all matters and asked them to let me know what corrections are being made. Tomorrow is gun range day, even though it's Easter. Hope they are open. I will keep all posted on what goes on and what if any repairs are made. I feel naked without my Commander as it is my CCW.
    Tommy

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Im sure they will solve the problem.
    Please re-post , what they do to it to correct the problem

Its kinda like ....we want to pick their brain...:)

Jim

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Ruger has great customer service......you will be pleased...

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Did she ask if you tried moving your head in different position?

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    I have tried that and I am using the same head position as my full size. At first, for some reason I was leaning and don't ask me why. I think I was tired at the time. Then I straighten up and was still hitting low. I would first fire my Commander and then go back and use my full size and got the same results. I know head movement or changing positions can make a big difference. You are totally right!!!
    Tommy

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Will do Jim. I talked to them today and they said they will test fire quiet a bit and give me a written report of their findings along with probably sending back a target along with the report. I am anxious to find out, however it will be about a week before I get my weapon back. I have never sent one back to the factory before so this is a learning experience for me and I will make sure that I share all the pertinent material with everyone on the forum. Should I find out that part of it is my failure, I will also include that it possibly it may help someone else in the future. Will keep you posted.
    Tommy

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

LOL I was trying to be funny. If you moved your head position then maybe the shells would miss hitting your face. LOL you proved there was merit to what I asked when you told about you tried that for better accuracy.
    My guess is you will have your gun back from Ruger within a week.

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    I have moved my head-otta my butt cuz my vision was blurred, if that helps!!!!
    I appreciate the humor. If we don't have humor, we don't have anything.
    Tommy:cryinglaugh: