My Beloved Ruger Three Screw is Gone

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by MARYANN, Feb 17, 2019.

1. MARYANN

MARYANN Member

Yesterday things were going ok until my son showed up . He is a gun guy and a hunter also a good son . Him and my wife talked me in to giving him a Super Blackhawk Three Screw .
    I have had this Ruger for a long time a 7.5 inch barrel the blue is a good 90% and I gave him one of my Rugers . I may go visit my old pal .

fredc, armbruse and rugertoter like this.
  2. Frontiersman

Frontiersman Active Member

I get it. I love my son dearly. If I would share with anyone, it would be with him. I expect they will be his in the end anyway.

But, I do have favorites that would be hard to part with.

Now you can keep your eye out for a replacement.

rugertoter likes this.

3. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

I would say you are a great dad! He will remember that day, long after you are gone.

armbruse likes this.
  4. armbruse

armbruse Member

Your still around, go out with your son to the range and both enjoy more. As mentioned, you can also pick up your self a new one.
    Two of my dad's I had my eye on, it was after he was gone before I received

5. MARYANN

MARYANN Member

I have a Range at home . I reload and my son and I shoot a lot I have a 25 yard 50 and 100 yard . As for the Ruger Super Blackhawk I did not shoot it much . I have more guns to shoot and my son is 47 years old now and yes all my Rugers will be his one day .

6. Piranha451

Piranha451 New Member

I know how you feel. I recently purchased a long-desired Colt Mk IV Series 70 Government model. One of my sons was admiring it so much, I went ahead and gave it to him. It felt good to do so and I am not regretting it in the least bit!

835mag likes this.
  7. fredc

fredc New Member

It's better than selling it to a stranger. I hope you taught your son on the proper maintenance of a gun.

8. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Look at it this way,if you have a need to shoot it,your son will let you.:D