My apology to Phideaux

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Tommycourt, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I would like to take this opportunity to make an apology to Phideaux, which we call Jim. Jim showed on a photo the damage he sustained in an industrial accident. He now shoots left handed. I made a remark, and after some thought, my remark seems crass. I also suffered an injury to my right hand although not quite as bad as Jim's. I tried to make light of it, and was not in any way trying to sound like a smart azz or chide him in anyway, however it can be taken that way. I also have some physical disabilities and as we age I believe that is part of the process however we should not make light of them. I was injured myself in an auto accident whereas my back is shot and I can only stand for about 1-2 hours before I have to rest. I am loosing my perspective here so let finish by saying this. Jim, my intent was NEVER to chide, harm or to cause you any indignation or hurt. My statement was insensitive and that is not the reason we are on this sight. This is supposed to be a family gathering and for that reason, I feel the need to convey my best wishes to him. Since I have been on this sight, Jim has given me the upmost respect and I relish that and savor that when I first joined. So Jim, if you can find it in your heart, please accept this as my apology to you and to others who found my statement stupid and unacceptable. I can assure you that it will never happen again. Your friend and I hope still buddy,
    Tommy

2. Haugrdr

Haugrdr New Member

Well said Tommy.

But don't lay it on too thick, it'll all go to Phido's head. He's really girly when it comes to "war wounds" and such. He whines and cries over the tiniest spot of blood. We've told him a hundred times to "man" up. :p

Have Jim show ya some pictures of the shrapnel. :D

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Tommy,

You have not in any way offended me or hurt my feelings.

Im not so sure that anyone can offend me about my hand.

I have learned to live with it, and if we cant laugh at, and about ourselves, then we got a problem.

D NOT worry or concern yourself about hurting my feelings.

Your the one person on here I dont believe would ever intentionally offend anyone.

Hey, that guy, Haugrdr, he is just jealous that he dont have as many wounds and scars as me.;):D, but hes an old friend too.

We are a group of guys that have a lot of things in common , and like to meet here and talk about em, That makes us friends and buddys.

Jim

4. Haugrdr

Haugrdr New Member

We have to set down one day and compare "war wounds"....I have mine numbered. :cool:

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I lost count of mine...;)

Glenn and Barb had to leave this morning,
    His washing machine at home was leaking water all over.

We didnt even get to shoot, it is just too hot and muggy for 2 OLD farts.

Jim

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Scars are the badges of honor that life bestows us on the way to the grave...embrace them as you would a military medal !!

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Jim,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I would never intentionally try to hurt or chastise any one personally or on the net. I appreciate you as a friend and also to the others on here. Again, many thanks!
    My days of fighting are all over and realize that life and friends are the most prized possessions that we have.
    Tommy

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015