Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here but not new to Ruger. I've been carrying a SR 1911 LW Cmd as my EDC for a little while now and I love it. It's comfortable to carry and shoots great. my previous EDCs were a Colt New Agent or SA XDs .45.

Last Monday (2/15/2016) a friend wanted me to ride with him to Cabela's. While there he bought 1 box of ammo(????), I bought their last Ruger American Pistol (RAP) in .45. Got to the range on Thursday and I must say I'm happy with my purchase.

I have (and like) a Springfield Armory XDm .45 Compact. The triggers are similar but I think I like the Ruger better. My groups are tighter with the Ruger. I prefer the Cmd for carry and the RAP as a field or truck gun.

I'm planning on having a great time here at RugerTalk.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Nice purchase! The RAP is double action only, right? Welcome to RugerTalk and feel free to post pictures of your newest pea-shooter

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Hello there,
I also carry a SR1911 for EDC and did a trigger job on it not too long ago, love the way it shoots. The only other thing I change is I put Pachmyr grips on it. I have long fingers and the Commander LW has a thinner grip on it than the standard Commander, so I ended up putting Pachmyr's on all my Rugers. Welcome to the forum

Tommy from Az

1 - 8 of 8 Posts