MY 1911 and RAP

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Saber6, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Saber6

Saber6 New Member

I'm new here but not new to Ruger. I've been carrying a SR 1911 LW Cmd as my EDC for a little while now and I love it. It's comfortable to carry and shoots great. my previous EDCs were a Colt New Agent or SA XDs .45.

Last Monday (2/15/2016) a friend wanted me to ride with him to Cabela's. While there he bought 1 box of ammo(????), I bought their last Ruger American Pistol (RAP) in .45. Got to the range on Thursday and I must say I'm happy with my purchase.

I have (and like) a Springfield Armory XDm .45 Compact. The triggers are similar but I think I like the Ruger better. My groups are tighter with the Ruger. I prefer the Cmd for carry and the RAP as a field or truck gun.

I'm planning on having a great time here at RugerTalk.

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Nice purchase! The RAP is double action only, right? Welcome to RugerTalk and feel free to post pictures of your newest pea-shooter

3. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Forum, glad you like the new RAP. :Cooltu:

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T Saber6 & northerncowboy !!

5. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Glad you are here and I also like the American (9mm)

6. northerncowboy

northerncowboy New Member

Thanks always wanted to find a place to talk about ruger

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah. Don't limit yourself to Ruger.

;)

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Hello there,
    I also carry a SR1911 for EDC and did a trigger job on it not too long ago, love the way it shoots. The only other thing I change is I put Pachmyr grips on it. I have long fingers and the Commander LW has a thinner grip on it than the standard Commander, so I ended up putting Pachmyr's on all my Rugers. Welcome to the forum

Tommy from Az