My 10/22 needs counseling

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by bhale187, Apr 8, 2013.

1. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

It thinks its a tacticool AR15 or some thing :eek:

Added the front grip and AR15 flash hider today because, well..........I got bored and had them laying around so I used them :D

Attached Files:

2. FrogSwatter

FrogSwatter New Member

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

;)
    It did have a light on it for awhile when I was using it as a critter getter. Just a plinker now so no need for a light, but I could probably find a spot for one anyway :eek:

4. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

That the tapco stock? I'm pretty sure my next 10/22 will be going the tacticool route. Like you ill be keeping the accessories to a minimum, simple red dot and a Magpul AFG...

Just hope ammo prices drop and quantity rises... I can see dumping a lot of bx25s through it quickly...

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Yep that's the cheaper of the 2 versions of the Tapco, the slightly more expensive version has a bunch of ribs cut into it, and I actually like the more expensive ones look a little less.

I just ordered a Blackhawk Axiom for a super light 10/22 for my daughter.

Here's the other tapco
    [​IMG]

and the Axiom and in the way I am going to set mine up too, with the exception of the stock will be duracoated pink and with a standard barrel instead of bull
    [​IMG]

6. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

I don't like the look if the ribs either.

The Axiom looks cool, sort of tactical sort of race rifle.

I'm debating just getting a SR22R or going with a Troy Industries chassis and slapping on the grip, buttstock, and rail covers I took off the 556

7. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

SR22 and troy are both great options, but both are also significantly more expensive than an Axiom or a Tapco. Base 10/22 at about $225, axiom or tapco at around $80 versus $275+ for a Troy Chassis or $475+ for an SR22R.

Don't get me wrong I love the Troy, and I think the SR22R is pretty cool too, but much like the Red jacket ZK-22; I can't yet bring myself to pay that much for a plinker.

8. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Yeah they are pricey options, my logic on plinking is a little different though, in that it is what I do the most of so why not put my money there where I can enjoy it more often.

I have a buddy who preordered one of those red jacket bull pups last June, last he has heard from them was them charging his card way back then. In the mean time he bought one of the archangel sets to soothe his need to be tacticool... I tease him daily about that red jacket stock though...