Mueller Scopes anybody ?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by phideaux, Oct 6, 2016.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I just stumbled across a writing on Mueller Scopes, and the guys were really praising the excellent glass and function on these scopes.

I am going to be looking for a really nice scope for my CZ 453 , .22 .

The Simmons 22Mag scope , that I started with, is great , but the cross hairs are just a teeny weeny bit too thick to see the bullet hole that I want to put the next on in.:cool::D

Anybody got any experience or info ?

http://muelleroptics.com/category/products/mueller-scopes/rimfire-scopes

Jim

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Never heard of them. I hope they're legit for the $$$ they're asking though!

3. phideaux

Check out their pricing on Amazon..

Jim

4. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

I have a few of the Mueller's are am very happy with them. Use them on 10/22's. They're about the base I start with if just a plinker scope is needed. Had a Simmons 22 mag, an old one and was;t too bad. The last one I got, maybe 8 or 9 yrs ago was horrible. Didn't even make it through a range session before putting the gun away and knowing that scope was getting changed. Good glass is a BIG difference and the Simmons just isn't it. Mine I got from Joe Bob Outfitters.

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Nevermind then! Pretty reasonable actually. At first I looked at the website

6. phideaux

I have not found anything negative about these scopes yet.

I read that the glass was camera grade , made in Japan , but the scope is assembled in China.

Jim

7. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

All I've heard is that it's comparable to Tasco. Personally I'd probably pass but, for a rimfire it's actually probably ok.

8. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

So rimfire deserves less? :confused: Rimfire or centerfire, both deserve good optics.
    I discovered them on Rimfire Central where cheap (as in low quality) glass isn't really well liked/used.

9. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Dunno about Spike, but if I mention 'OK for .22 rimfire' I am focusing on recoil resistance.

BTW I have several Simmons scopes, and see no optics problems with any of them. Must be my poor discriminatory capability. ;)

10. phideaux

I too, am a fan of the glass in Simmons scopes,

I have a Simmons 44 mag on a Marlin 783 .22wmr that is fantastic.

Jim

11. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Ack! Guess I'm a scope snob then. LoL :eek: After poor optical quality with both Simmons 22 mag models and a few diff models from BSA I wouldn't wish them upon anyone. As always, use what sets your own personal needs. :) As another alternative, Weaver and Nikon get attention here as well.

12. spikedriver

My comment about "ok for a .22" simply means, I have found that scopes that I wouldn't want on a centerfire, work fine for me on a .22. The ranges are shorter, recoil is less, and I simply don't hunt hard with a .22. And I was speaking of clarity when I compared Mueller to Tasco. Tasco makes scopes that do just fine on rimfires, I bet that half of us here have had or currently have a Tasco on some gun in our collection and it worked ok. But, would most of us trust a Tasco for an expensive elk hunt? I would guess most would try to get something higher end. I see Mueller and most other inexpensive China made scopes this way.

13. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

I getcha. :) For me, "just a 22" isn't always "just a 22". I still want good glass quality right in one with centerfire optics. Origin isn't as important as the quality for me.

14. spikedriver

^^ True about the quality, a better scope is definitely more enjoyable to use no matter what gun its on! And I agree also that just because a scope is Chinese doesn't make it junk. I've looked through some that were perfectly fine.