Most Heavily Armed States

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by threetango, Dec 9, 2015.

1. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Florida would be higher except the Free Sh*t Army in Ft.Lauderdale and West Palm Beach is armed only with EBT cards.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I noticed that Az was not on the list, however it is estimated that 50.3% of people in Az own weapons. We are an open carry state and you don't need a CCW to carry. This tradition goes back to over 100 years. 3 years ago they recinded the CCW law. We also recognize out of state CCW's. We are restricted to some places, government buildings, hospitals and some local merchants ask that you not carry while in their establishment, which is their right to do. Starbucks is highly noted for NOT allowing open carry and needless to say, they have lost a lot of business. Our Maricopa county sheriff, Joe Arpio (named the toughest sheriff in America) is telling our residents that: If you have a gun, then carry your gun. He also urged other sheriffs to ask the same of their residents. There was an article in one of the magazines (whom I won't name) stated Arizona is still part of the "Wild West" and residents tend to think differently than CIVILIZED societies. I guess they think that the Earp brothers and Clantons are still alive and Tombstone is the heart of the wild west. They still have shoot outs at the OK corral for tourists (actually the alley adjacent to the OK corral) and it lasts longer than the actual 30 seconds it really lasted. Since I am uncivilized I guess I will continue to carry my SR1911's whenever I go somewhere.

Tommy

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

This looks like a 'number of registered guns' survey. Registered?

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

So just how did they come up with these numbers of gun owners? Maybe WalMart is one of the ways since now they ask what will the bullets you purchase be used in. Rifle or handgun? Why would WM care what gun I was using the ammo in? I think they once asked was the ammo going to be used for target or hunting.
    I also think there is a difference in guns per 1000 people versus total guns per state. Somehow I don't believe the criminals that have guns have been counted either.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yes, that way the non shooting public 'knows' we've always had to register our guns. See how that works, right?

6. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

My state, one of the most restrictive in the country, is tied for 11th place. Kinda tells its own story, don't you think?

7. hodge

hodge New Member

VA was #5, with DC coming in ahead of it. This is a per-capita survey, so it is misleading. I think it would be more interesting to see how states rank based on guns owned, not related to population.

8. R2D2

R2D2 Member

From the site
    Guns are not registered in Florida.... I have no idea how they researched this but IMO they are way off

This link has it estimated to over 16,600,000 guns in florida, quite a difference

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/...wnership-compared-to-nations-around-the-world

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  9. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Indiana comes in 15th. Yeah I wouldn't pay much attention to it,the numbers between the 2 links don't add up. Wyoming's ranked #1 on the 1 link but only has 500,000 according to the other but yet California has 37 million and Texas has 25 million.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  10. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Is it per capita?

11. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

The first data set is per capita, the one I posted is actual firearms owned in the state. Supposedly. Maybe.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  12. refugee

refugee New Member

Indiana was only 15th. I will need to help improve that number real soon. perhaps another AR or AK........