Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a new ruger new vaquero montado, got it from the dealer opened box and it has a 45/8 barrel length and vaquero hammer on it. called ruger customer service and run serial number, it came back ruger new vaquero montado. still trying to get a replacement they said they have to make one. this ever happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Things happen. Yet to find any perfect human (plenty that see themselves as such, but none have proven it). Like a LOT at Ruger who's using lean production, not everything is on a constant manufacturing run all the time. When the next run comes along, they'll be made.
Curious though...did you not check this before doing the 4473?

·
Registered
436 Posts
yes I did check gun and did not accept shipped it back to ruger through my dealer
Gotcha! When you said you bought it, I wondered. More and more lately I read ppl saying they got a brand new _____ and then later on discover something obvious that's wrong or just not quite right. Makes ya wonder if ppl even bother looking before hey buy now.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Good thing you checked the gun closely before accepting it. I learned the hard way on that once and now I thoroughly check guns before accepting them. New or used both get treated the same way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got my montado

Finally got my montado at the end of december, it was worth the wait. Puchased some afert market grips and a cme holster

Attachments

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Finally got my montado at the end of december, it was worth the wait. Puchased some afert market grips and a cme holster

very nice!!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Looking good. How long is this barrel?
Let us know how it performs at the range. IE: Is it like holding a hand cannon?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
montado has a 3.75 inch barrel. Range report, shoots 1 inch to the left of center, elevation is good. slicked the action, tried a wollf sring kit the hammer spring was to light the montado has a different hammer than the vaquero,wollf hammer spring doesn't work. handles hot 357 mags really good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts