Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2 guns .was told by a friend that 22 handguns are a good way to go until one gets the basics figured out. I am on a tight budget so I was also wondering if 22lr ammo is as cheap as everyone says . Looking cat the mk3 since I found one for cheap. Thoughts anyone

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for joining us.

The MKIII Is a great .22 pistol,
.22 ammo is running about 10 cents a round , on average.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to RT. 22LR ammo is most often the least expensive ammo when it's available. Yep you can get a lot of practice shooting 22LR without having to spend a paycheck.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
The most expensive part about .22 is driving all over town trying to find a gun shop that has any in stock.......

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
check out BudsGunShop.com and search for what you want. A few good .22 pistols are the Ruger sr22, Mark series, Browning Buckmark and the Ruger single six (revolver) just to name a few.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Ok then is there any advantage to buying online or is it Still hard to find there as well?
Check all your local Gun shops first.
Save shipping charges.

Jim

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

Using a .22 Long Rifle caliber gun to start learning how to shoot is probably a wise choice.
In my area .22 LR ammo is becoming easier to find all the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I buy ammo on-line...always looking for the best price... I use ammo-seek.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
If you buy a gun from your local gun shop then ask them about their 22lr availability and pricing. Often online bullet prices per round are cheaper than some brick gun shops but then the freight can kill the price per round over your local shop.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, you have to shop. I live in a very small town and there isn't a local source.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts