Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used MK III last week. I noticed the magazines dropped free when I got it, so I figured the previous owner had disconnected the magazine disconnect. Turns out that still works.

I was under the impression the mags didn't drop free. I had a MK III, 22/45 that I know I had to pull them out a few years ago. It seems to me that having to pull the magazines out is one of the things people don't like about the MK III and a reason to do away with the magazine disconnect.

Did Ruger make a change? This must be a fairly recent gun, the warning is under the barrel.

It makes no real difference to me, just something talk about and see what other people know about them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The mag disconnect is still made for that Ruger series, I am sorry I might have misunderstood you question, you say the mag drops free, but the mag disco is still there? Have you taken the barrel off to see if it is there?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You understand it. The magazine drop, actually shoots free, the magazine "safety" still works, and yes, the parts are all there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well congrats on a fine firearm sir, plus one with the mag disco and the mag shoots out, enjoy it, not too many out there with that combo.

·
Northern Arizona
157 Posts
I replaced the lawyer-motivated magazine disconnect on both of my Mark III's, and filled the space on the cross pin with a bushing from Canada's own Sam Lam. While I was at it, I ditched the loaded chamber indicator as well, and filled the space with a nice piece from Bruce. Both guys are over on the Rimfire Central website in the Mark III section, and neither charges very much for these parts...;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought the previous owner had done, but apparenly not. The magazine "safety" still works, but the magazine drops free. The LCI is still in place and works also.

Personally, I wouldn't remove them myself, they don't bother me one way or the other. I was just wondering if Ruger had changed the design. From some research I've done, people report it being sort of hit and miss. Some drop free, others don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts