MK II Government Target

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by sharpshooterassassin, Jul 7, 2014.

1. sharpshooterassassin

sharpshooterassassin New Member

Switched out the front and rear sights. It's now set up like the MK III Hunter. I now have the V-Notch white line blade and the red Hi-Viz. I didn't like the big black square front sight and the plain black blade for the rear. The stock front covered up a lot of whatever I was aiming at. Those of you that have this setup, how do you like them? View attachment 4904
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404788636.079438.jpg

2. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

looks like a nice setup. was it hard to swap out the factory sights?

3. mark

mark Member

Sharpshooterassassin.
    You stated that the stock front sight covered up whatever you were aiming at. There is no reason for that if you have an adjustable rear sight. That's why its there. Raise it up.
    As for fiber-optic sights, to each his own. For my part, I shoot much more accurate with target, or regular sights. All my fiber-optic sights are painted black. I don't target shoot anymore, but I plink a lot. Been running as high as 55,000 rounds a year in the last five years. If not for guns and motorcycles I wouldn't have a life.. Might even have to act my age!

4. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

G & M sounds like a great retirement plan.

5. mark

mark Member

For years I tried to figure out what I wanted to be when I got big. Finally got it. RETIRED!
    Back to handgun sights. I am a Bearcat fan, and own some, including a Bearcat Shopkeeper that I am trying to master. The sights are right on, but hard to see. I first had to improve the grinding trigger pull. That done I went to shooting it, a lot. I tried some things with the sights, and ended up making the back of the rear sight black with a Sharpie, and the front sight white with BIC Wite-out correction fluid (that's the way its spelled) from Wal-Mart, which I think is about as good as I am going to get. Seeing as how Bearcats are the only guns I like white front sights on, I think I bought a lifetime supply, and then some..
    I went out this morning and shot some cowpies. Worked good. Good hits reminded me of, If you like your insurance, you can keep it, BS...

6. sharpshooterassassin

sharpshooterassassin New Member

The sights were kinda easy to swap out. The blade took a little convincing. It has a little nipple on it that has to fit just right while putting tension on the spring to get it set in there.

Mark
    While I had the blacked square blade and the black front sight, my eyes didn't like that set up at all. This set up at least for me works. On most of my center fire pistols, I have a single dot front and a single dot rear, I can just lay one dot on top of the other. On this one I can just put the Lollipop on the stick.

7. mark

mark Member

If it works for you, that's a good thing, and all that really matters..

8. sirhc

sirhc New Member

LoL, I'd like to add guitars to that list!

9. mark

mark Member

Guitars. Can't ride them, can't shoot them, and I can't play them, but everybody should have something. Enthusiasm can come from many directions. Then there is knives! Bought 4 more in the last few days. I am weak... If this thread wasn't about sights (I have some of those also) I would tell you about the guy that collected gas pumps.