Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mark I that has been well worked over by Clark many years past getting a pretty full treatment of trigger , sights, target grips and compensated bull barrel. it has been well used but now has an issue with the safety. From all appearances, the little heart shaped cutout in the frame and /or detent plunger have worn to where the safety will move down enough when the trigger is pulled that the gun will fire. I can see some rolled over metal on the "point" of the cutout so i know it has worn.
i am thinking only 3 possible fixes(other than replacing the frame). One, have the cut out tig'd and reformed. Two, fit an extended/oversized detent plunger to the safety,. Three, replace the safety in hopes that mine was worn enough to cause the problem.
I have a replacement safety on the way, just so i can try the cheapest easiest fix first.

Has anyone else fixed this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a Mark I that has been well worked over by Clark many years past getting a pretty full treatment of trigger , sights, target grips and compensated bull barrel. it has been well used but now has an issue with the safety. From all appearances, the little heart shaped cutout in the frame and /or detent plunger have worn to where the safety will move down enough when the trigger is pulled that the gun will fire. I can see some rolled over metal on the "point" of the cutout so i know it has worn.
i am thinking only 3 possible fixes(other than replacing the frame). One, have the cut out tig'd and reformed. Two, fit an extended/oversized detent plunger to the safety,. Three, replace the safety in hopes that mine was worn enough to cause the problem.
I have a replacement safety on the way, just so i can try the cheapest easiest fix first.

Has anyone else fixed this issue?
oops, it is NOT a mark I the bump out for the magazine button is on the right side of the grip and the frame only says RUGER on the left. no model designation. SN is 233418.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts