Mitch Rosen holsters

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by slimmy, Oct 12, 2013.

1. slimmy

slimmy New Member

Hello. The SR1911 is the next gun on my list and I'm curious if anyone has purchased one of the Mitch Rosen holsters from the Ruger shop. I'd like to read thoughts and reviews and see any pics if possible.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome slimmy. ... I own one and it's a really nice holster, I just haven't used but once ...but I give more reports on it later ...

3. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Moved to holsters and cases .....

4. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Haven't gone with any of the Mitch Rosen stuff from Ruger Shop but have purchased directly from his shop and visited the shop and the man. Simply the best leather gear I've ever had. You get what you pay for and I refuse to sue cheap, crappy leather gear. the commercial stuff likely isn't as nicely fitted and boned but I gotta believe it's better than a LOT out there.

5. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Love it!

Got one from the Ruger Store after I got my SR40 back in early 2011....it was for the SR9 'officially' as listed but the SR40 fit very well after a little massaging. The Mitch Rosen is a very well constructed holster, it's held up very well so far...I highly recommend it for OWB.

6. cjs1945

cjs1945 Member

Have not bought a holster for my SR1911, but i bought a Mitch Rosen for my SR9 about 5 years ago. I have also used it with SR9c, SR40 and have been using it with SR40c for last 2 years. I also have one for LC9, LCP and LCR and they all have worked really well for all of them, the Mitch Rosen would be my first choice if i should ever need a OWB holster for any other firearm, they are well built and stay like new looking fore ever.

7. firemanjm

firemanjm New Member

I have two IWB holsters from Mitch Rosen and have had one for 4 years, the other for 3 years. I carry a full size Springfield 1911 in one and a Kimber Ultra Carry in the other. They hold up very well, I use each of them on average about 2-3 days/week. When I buy another holster, it will definitely be a Mitch Rosen.

8. crazeeskier

crazeeskier New Member

I purchased the Mitch Rosen holster from the Ruger Shop for my SR22 and have been very happy with it. It's shaped/curved making it very comfortable to wear on your belt. I took it to my CPL course and three of the range officers were very impressed with it.
    I'm looking to get the SR9C within the next few months and will also go back to the Ruger Shop.

9. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey ,Crazeeskier

Thanks for joining, and your FIRST post,

Welcome to RugerTalk.

Tradition is to post in "Introductions" telling all of us here a little about yourself. Then we have a feel for who we are chating with.

Thanks

Jim

10. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1424024223.110332.jpg

I picked up an MR Express from the Ruger Shop several years ago. Great gun hide. It was a little tight at first, but I wrapped the SR in its shipping bag, inserted it in the holster overnight and it perfectly the next day.

I highly recommend the Ruger Mitch Rosen holsters.

Attached Files:

11. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Been using Mitch Rosen Holsters for years now - more than a decade actually. Aside from a Del Fatti, I've yet to handle a nicer holster. None from ShopRuger however. Hoping another visit to his shop (he's only a little over an hour away) will yield an order for another sometime soon.