Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my first use of my new Sec 9, I took the slide off to clean it and the firing pin fell out and got lost. I guess Ruger forgot the retaining pun. Back to the gun shop tomorrow. RATS!

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
After my first use of my new Sec 9, I took the slide off to clean it and the firing pin fell out and got lost. I guess Ruger forgot the retaining pun. Back to the gun shop tomorrow. RATS!
Or, you could call Ruger CS.
They'll send you a shipping label so you can send the pistol directly to them yourself.
I've had to do that myself, TOO MANY TIMES...:(

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Send it to Ruger and they will more than likely fix it on their dime not yours. Local gunsmith it will be all your expense. Ruger will more than likely pay shipping also and usually has only about a 1 week turn around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The man at the gunshop put the pin and retaining roll pin back in. I added seeeveral drops of loctite and so far so good. Accuracy us a bit lacking but this is a self defense gun.

·
Banned
405 Posts
The man at the gunshop put the pin and retaining roll pin back in. I added seeeveral drops of loctite and so far so good. Accuracy us a bit lacking but this is a self defense gun.
Good approach! Job done and no waiting for a couple of weeks to get your pistol back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts