Mislabeled

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, May 29, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I bought two plants that the plant tag said were sweet bell peppers. Well the peppers are like miniature bell peppers and a couple had fallen off so I washed them up. I took a bite out of one and I thought they were good tasting though small. I chewed up the piece and took another bite. WHOA BACK UP JACK! Geeze the heat finally came on and I mean they are hot. My tongue was burning so I took a swig of milk which didn't help then I took some peanut butter which didn't help much either. I then swished some green tea in my mouth and that helped. I have a feeling these are more likely habanero rather than sweet bell pepper.
    I don't enjoy peppers that burn my tongue. I have seen people eat hot peppers that were so hot the people's faces were dripping in sweat. One guy took a bite of a hot pepper and his eyes immediately were flooded and red. His ears even were red along with his face. No thanks not me.
    I had grown some Jalapeno peppers and took some to work to give away because I had so many. One guy cussed me because he said he couldn't even taste his dinner after eating one it was so dang hot. I heard that if a pepper plant lacks watering for a short period of time and then it wrinkles the skin then it will be hot. I guess he got one of those.

Attached Files:

2. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

My wife loves hot peppers. She says that looks like a sub-species of habanero.

3. buster40c

That's my guess. it may be a sub species but it sure isn't sub hot.
    As I recall my bell pepper plants had different looking leaves than these and the plants are smaller also. I figured they were smaller because I had them in small jugs that stunted the plant growth. I am thinking that isn't why they are small.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  4. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I used to loooooove hot peppers. I think I finally burned out the lining of my stomach, and I might have damaged my O-ring at one point as well. I can't eat them any more, and quite frankly the peppers in that pic are terrifying. :eek:

5. buster40c

I think someone at the store thought it would be funny to interchange plant labels. It might have been a customer that did it also. Some people have a purely evil sense of humor.