Misfires on SR 40c?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HiVel, Apr 4, 2015.

1. HiVel

HiVel New Member

I am interested in buying a Ruger SR 40c-are they fixed now or are the new ones still having misfires? Seems like they should have this fixed by now......:confused:

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining and your first post.

Jim

3. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Welcome from Texas!

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

My SR40C is about 3 years old and I just got it back from Ruger for light strike misfires. I had no problems with my sr up until it misfired then it did it almost a dozen times total using three different types ammo. I will probably shoot it this weekend. There are two other recent threads about this sr40c light strike problem.
    I chose my SR40C over the Glock 27 and the Springfiled XDM compact 40. I sold the latter two.
    I liked the trigger better on the SR and it handled the recoil much better than the G27 or XDM40c.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  5. HiVel

HiVel New Member

Misfires

I have had a Glock 23 , do have a 35, a 27 , and a some others. I will probably get a Gen 4 Glock 23. I do have some great Rugers but will probably skip the "problem child". I cannot imagine what is going on with this particular gun.

6. robshannon

robshannon sixtiesstill

I've had my 40c almost 2 years, with 1450 rounds through it, not even a hiccup.

7. HiVel

HiVel New Member

40 cal

I bought a barrel for my Glock 31 (KKM in 40 cal) -put the Ruger on the back burner for now. I do have ,and an very pleased with a bunch of other Rugers. 357, 22, LCR's, LCP 380's, and a 9mm LC9s. Prob will try one later on.

8. buster40c

My SR40C is one of my favored semi-autos. I believe if you do get the chance to shoot one you will like it. This gun takes the snappy out of the 40 cal.

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Glad to hear your SR40C is working for you after repair.

10. buster40c

So far so good. Heck the gun was at least 3 years old before it had a problem and that was only after a friend of mine jinxed my gun by saying I would have a problem with it before long. He had his 9C back for repairs and it has been fine ever since then also.

11. HiVel

HiVel New Member

SR40c

next purchase after a 10mm G-

12. Jakespop

Jakespop New Member

jakespop

13. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hi to ya jakespop,

Welcome to the forum,
    Let me encourage you to go to Introductions and introduce yourself.
    Tell us a little about yourself.
    Tradition here is 1st post is in the Introduction sub forum.

Thanks

Jim

14. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

I owned an SR40...................unfortunately I sold it..................just didn't like that trigger................