Mini 14 Value Request

Discussion in 'Ruger Mini 14' started by 44Dan, Sep 2, 2016.

1. 44Dan

44Dan New Member

I've got a good condition 181 Series folder.... Serial #181-059**........ I was told it has "collectors" value..... I know it's an early 181 but can't find any for sale....

No chips or scratches.... Everything is tight-tight... Never any rust.....

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated....

I'll post some pics soon...

Thanks,
    44Dan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I think pictures will help. Somebody here should be able to help you get a good estimate........

BTW, welcome to RugerTalk!

3. 44Dan

44Dan New Member

Was going to keep this great little shooter but alas she is on the chopping block once again.... Any ideas on a reasonable price to sell this fine Lady?? ... She is a pre-civilian issue supposedly to LEO's (FBI on down) only.... She has had a very good life with little range time and properly cleaned after each outing...

Thanks for any ideas/opinions regarding a value estimate...

44 Dan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Nah, those rifles aren't worth much..... I could help you out and give you 3 maybe 4 hundred for it.

Kidding, it looks Very good. Are there any markings on it like State Police or something?
    If so, all you can do is keep searching till you find a comparable rifle or two and see what they sell for.

The folks at Ruger might (?) tell you how many were made and what market they were intended for.

Also,
    The Ruger Collectors Association may be able to help with information on it.

Remember this, if it turns out to be rare, it's worth whatever a collector will pay.

:GadsdenFlag:

5. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Ruger will not give out production numbers except in very rare instances for very limited model runs, if that. The early ones, while suited for LE, were cataloged for the civilian market as well.
    There is certainly a market for them. Check GunBroker's completed auctions to see what they're actually being bought at. Remember, apples:apples! The magazines...those are the bargaining chips. Lastly...remember, it's worth what someone will pay and not worth more just because you own it. Thin about what you would honestly pay for it.

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

^ ^ ^ Yeah, That's why I said might with a (?).

:GadsdenFlag:

7. 44Dan

44Dan New Member

No special markings or anything unusual/special noted on this particular rifle..... Just the low serial # ......

Great tips Thankyou!! .... Much appreciated - research continues..