Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own several Ruger products and enjoy all of them. Just purchased a Mini 14 and it is the best purchase yet. Hitting an 8 inch metal target at 50 yards with no problem and I did not touch the sights. No ground hogs in view this weekend so had to settle for some mole relocations. Thanks Ruger!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk.

Yep, Mini 14s are nice rifles, I like mine.

Jim

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Welcome to RT....

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am considering a Ruger Mini 14 and wonder how they compare to other makes. What is an average price and are they fairly available?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum. I am considering a Ruger Mini 14 and wonder how they compare to other makes. What is an average price and are they fairly available?
I am not the best person to answer but...

Very solid rifle
$1000
I bought from a local dealer off the wall but was his last one with wood stock
YMMV

·
Northern Arizona
157 Posts
I am considering a Ruger Mini 14 and wonder how they compare to other makes. What is an average price and are they fairly available?
The Mini-14 has been in production for several decades. They are extremely reliable, and although AR-15 devotees tend to knock the Mini for accuracy issues, this is an overblown claim. The new versions are the best yet...very reliable, and many options for accessories...(including the Mo-Rod & Mo-Reaper, of course). ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have had a love affair with rugers and mini's since the 80's, that being said I only purchased my first mini 14 last year. That one went back to ruger 3 times for ejection issues before I asked them to replace it. The new one has gone back once for sight alignment problems and will be going back again next week (after the holiday) because the firing pin broke. It broke while working the action and dry firing after a cleaning, no ammo was involved when it broke

1 - 10 of 10 Posts