Mini 14 B-Square Scope Mount Opinions

Discussion in 'Ruger Mini 14' started by Seeya, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Seeya

Seeya New Member

Anybody here have experience with B-Square Good or Bad. Thanks

2. Esteban

Esteban New Member

I don't, Seeya, but I've just spent weeks researching scope mounts for my new Nikon, including the B-Square mounts - finally decided to stay with the stock ones that came with my "new" Mini 14, at least for now. Being able to use the iron sights with the scope mounted is very appealing though. Good luck!

3. Seeya

Seeya New Member

Thanks, Esteban!

4. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

The B-Square mount has its pluses & minuses. On the plus side, the shooter retains the ability to use the iron sights in addition to the mounted optic. The minus side...it's a bit high for a traditional cheek weld. With a red dot sight mounted, however, this is less of an issue (faster target acquisition). The large mounting knob also has a tendency to work its way loose, so some blue Loc-Tite is recommended...;)

5. Seeya

Seeya New Member

Thanks, KMO!

6. Seeya

Seeya New Member

Recieved a B-Square for my mini today I think I will be happy with it. Now to find a scope. Anyone want to reccomend?

7. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

8. Seeya

Seeya New Member

Thanks

I bought the Mini for use on a sailboat I no longer own. I was sailing the Fl. Keys and the Caribean. I'm thinking about buying another, but before I do I want to be able to stop any BG's before they get close or at least make them go for a easier target. The open sights were ok years ago when I was younger. LOL, I figure if I can place shots in a 12" square at 200 yards or more it will keep me and mine from being bothered. I will probably need a night vision scope with a daylight filter. Any thoughts that won't break the bank. The last few years have done little for the wallet.

9. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

10. toymaker

toymaker New Member

I mounted a Nikon P-223 BDC with stock mounts on my mini-14 and I'm having a hard time getting it sighted in. I mounted a P-223 without the BDC on my Mossberg MVP and it sighted in fairly easy to 100 yds. Do you think part of the problem is the stock mounts.

11. Water-Man

Water-Man New Member

The B-Square has worked without a hitch for years on my Mini 186 Series.

12. toymaker

toymaker New Member

Who sells the B-square scope mount if I don't have any luck with the stock mount I will buy one. thanx for the onfo.

13. Seeya

Seeya New Member

I bought mine thru Optic planet or one of the websites. I just searched Mini 14 B-Square Scope Mount