militias don't gotta be big

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by VThillman, Dec 3, 2015.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The recent thread about the Arizona State Militia seems to have been percolating in my head. Now it has mated (somewhat messily) with Neighborhood Watch. Neighborhood militias ought to be common in suburban and rural town neighborhoods, particularly where the police are 20 minutes or more away. How come they ain't?

I seem to remember Osama being quoted as saying that terrorism should spread to rural areas, to make a point that I don't now recall.

2. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Who says they ain't already in the neighborhood?

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

We have a neighborhood watch ,sort of, where I live.

Up my road everybody is mostly a mile apart, really back country.
    You can hear shooting most any day.:cool:

We have never had any burglaries , break ins, robberies, because these red necks all have guns, and everybody knows it, as we all carry open when out working,

Is that sorta like a militia?;)

Jim

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Yeah, with one thing maybe missing: the standardized 'call for assembly'.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

They ain't in mine. Otherwise, my answer is the same as to Phideaux's post.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

My neighborhood is all 55+ and I am the only one on my block who is armed and able to shoot. We have a "neighborhood watch" however it ain't really that good. My neighbor on my north side comes over everyday and my southern neighbor is not a healthy man and relies on me and my northern neighbor quite a bit. They are all younger than myself so they kind of look up to me to "watch" the hood. Across the street I have a gentleman who sticks to himself but he was on Iwo Jima in WWII and quite elderly. My garage is the local "man cave" and it's a hangout for everyone around including some of the walkers. We try to watch out for each other and we all meet together at least one day a week. 5 years ago we had a couple of thugs who took an old man in the house and beat him, then took him to the bank and made him withdraw all his money. They moved out. Since that time, we all banded together and make it a point to watch out for each other. We are a county island inside of city limits so if the cops have to come, they are somewhat slow to respond. The sheriff has to take care of any disturbance and can call the city for backup.

Tommy

7. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Well there ya go, thinking about the topic. If you have a neighborhood watch that technically could fall under the second amendment for a local militia. Then constitutionally speaking, gun rights even better. M
    Maybe be able to purchase some sub-machine guns like the governmental bodies do?? :)

I'm definitely going to my neighborhood association/watch meeting and present a name change order. My neighbor runs the neighborhood watch program (in association with the local sheriff and he is a retired AF Brig Gen. Then theres an FFL dealer in the hood, that makes three votes already.

Some of them Swedish people have a militia of sorts and civilians are in charge of some gall dang cannons

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter