milestone

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by paulkalman, Nov 21, 2016.

1. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

Tomorow, I will pass a significant milestone with my 22/45 mkIII Target version. I have had it just short of 3 years, I am about 40 rounds short of 5000 rounds. I will pass that tomorrow. I have had only two incidents of failure to extract both due to Remington Thunderbolts both of which had split cases. I have had no failures to fire or load. I am a habitual cleaner so maybe that is part of it. Anyway thought you guys might like to know how good this pistol has been to me. By the way it is also a tack driver with typical 1 to 2 inch groups at 25 yards when my hands and old eyes are good that day. life is good as the man says.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Ruger IMO makes some of the best 22lr semi autos if not the best.

3. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

follow-up

as below, went to the range today. besides my trusty 22/45, I also had new shooting glasses. and no firing or extracting / ejecting issues again . The enclosed was shot at 25 yards. Federal blue box. 2 hand hold, and I do have to admit to having a tru-glo red dot. not too shabby for an old fart. she is such a sweet shooter. I gave her her usual bath when we got home and she is resting in the safe right now. take care my friends.

sorry about this, I don't know why my pictures all show up rotated on this forum, some day I'll figure it out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I just thought the 1 fell over from being shot so much.
    I am about 25 miles from turning 200,000 on my 06 Impala. Still looks and runs good.