Mesa Gun show results

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Tommycourt, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Well I made it to the gun show today and ended up trading/horse trading
    for a Ruger .22 semi auto pistol. The pistol is in excellant shape with 99% bluing on it. Owner didn't have the box which would have been nice however now I have a semi auto .22 cal pistol to shoot. It is a 50th anniversary that I have got about $80.00 invested. I tried to find a good used Mark II however none were available unless you wanted a scope and silencer attached which I don't care for. All I wanted was a good plinker. I don't know the value but that really doesn't matter that much to me. I just like the idea of having a Ruger plinker that I haven't had in years.

Tommy

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Is it a MK I or MK III or 22/45. Git yer camera out buddy. Download the take down instructions from the Ruger site if you aren't sure how it is done already.
    I have seen used MK I and MK II for sale around $200 to $250 range, $80 you got a good gun at a good price.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Pics or it didn't happen

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Ok Savage,

Here you go. Pics of my 50th Anniversary .22 Ruger. You gotta remember I ain't no teckie like some of you guys are. I can't even text on my flip phone. I am going to do my best to put these 2 pic on but Jim might have to edit them for me.
    You are dealing with the mentally impaired here:confused:
    Tommy

I told you I would have problems! I will ask Jim to rotate these for me.

tommy.jpg
    tommy2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2016
  5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Looks good Tommy!

Flipped and cropped:
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1479611646.932456.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1479611661.345662.jpg

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Looks good Tommy. The Ruger bluing seems to hold up very well even over many years. Let us know on the range thread how it shoots for you. 50th anniversary means it is an MK II. Yours has Ruger emblem on both sides of grip panels and is red where as mine the emblem is only on one side and is silver.

I read on another forum that instead of doing a field strip{pita} just remove the grip panels and spray the insides down that way. Guy said he has been cleaning his MK I that way for 40 years. Myself I don't think a total field strip is necessary because not much powder or dirt gets down in there anyway.

Here is a new old stock 50th.http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...ot-edition-new-old-stock.cfm?gun_id=100566139

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016