Meet Roscoe

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by threetango, Jan 15, 2016.

1. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

Our miniature schnauzer passed away this last May after 16 1/2 years with us and a friend is giving us a Boston Terrier pup we named Roscoe (he's a muscular little dude) and we like his color markings.
    In these pics he is 6 1/2 weeks and we will get him next Friday at 8 weeks as an addition to our family.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Oh you and your wife are going to be busy with the little pup. I am sure he will be great for many smiles and laughter. My two pups are more than a handful. but they are fun to have around.
    He is a stout little pup. I saw a weekly show called in the dog house or something like that and the trainer said a pup should never be taken from the litter before 8 weeks. He said it can cause all sorts of behavior and socialization problems for the pups.
    I see some fun times at your house in the near future. Congrats on the new addition to the family.

3. havasu

havasu In the army now..

What a cool little pup! I bet you can't wait to get him.

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I can imagine the hurt you felt when you lost your other dog. I would be completely lost if I lost my little Dolly however I think you have a winner on your hands with this little feller. I hope it brings you as much love and joy you had for the other one. I am happy for you and wish you the best in the coming years.

Tommy

5. threetango

This is the way my wife and I feel about dogs.

[​IMG]

6. buster40c

I hear the above and my one dog wants to make me think he is the pack leader. NOT!

7. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

A pet thread would be cool.....pics of pets...the pups on the way to the vet for their 6 week old check up..... ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1452914002.274118.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats,

Thats a cutie 3T,

Looks like a little brute.. have fun.

Jim

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Awesome looking pup and name...

Definition:

Ros~Coe

Noun

1.) a gun, especially a pistol or revolver...came about in use early ( "roaring" ) 1920's in America.

10. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You got the perfect pic ...to start a pet thread...you could even tell us what breed those pups are and hows mama doin?

You selling them,?

You know all kinds of pet stuff.

how big they get?

All boys?:)

Jim

11. threetango

Roscoe at 8 weeks.
    Will post on him again at 16 weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Snallygaster

Snallygaster New Member

no kids here, only rescues. Absolutely nothing I wouldn't do for them and, I'm certain they feel the same.

13. threetango

Did a little background check on Roscoe.
    Turns out he is a "mostly", mostly Boston Terrier( mother) but his father was a well liked dog in the neighborhood.:D
    Makes absolutely no difference as he will be taken care of like a king.

14. buster40c

LOL Yep he is yours no matter if he has some Heinz 57 in him.
    Mine was supposed to be a mix of pug and terrier. It turns out he is springer spaniel and some of 57?. What should have been no more than 12 lb. is now around 34 lbs. No pug or terrier in him but he is part of the homestead now. Plus along with two other 57 pups. So far they are staying around 10 lbs. at about 3 months old. Supposed to be mix of Dachshund and Chihuahua. Typical chew anything they can get hold of puppies.

15. threetango

Take a look at the first post and now.
    Roscoe was 8 weeks then and will be 13 weeks tomorrow.
    Growing like a weed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I am soooooooo happy for you!!! You have a real cutie there and I hope he brings you many hours of fun and pleasure. A man/woman is not complete without having some sort of pet around and it's a proven fact that people with dogs tend to live and longer and more peaceful life. I know you will take good care of him and before long, he will let you know who will rule the roost.
    Many, many gongrats!!!!!

Tommy

17. buster40c

You must have told him no. He looked away after sticking his tongue out at you.lol