Marrying up calibers

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by phideaux, May 10, 2013.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

For years, I have been trying to marry up my handguns with the same caliber long gun.

Just something, I always have on my mind when shopping for a new fire arm.

I like a .44mag handgun, and I like a .44 mag rifle to accompany it.

Its just fun at the range.
    Does anybody here think along these lines? If so can we get some pics?
    I have a few different ones,
    But heres a pic of some .44 calibers I have.

[​IMG]

Jim

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

The one time that really came in play for me was with my 40S&W Glock. I went through a phase of trying to find the right carbine to use Glock mags in 40cal for cross over. I ended up ordering a mechtech conversion with a 8 week wait. By the time I got it, I had read tons of bad reviews, probably as many bad reviews as good. So I sold it before I ever shot it, and actually made a few bucks since there was a 2 month wait and impatient folks were happy to pay more to have it now.

So, now the search is back on for a 40cal Carbine that uses glock mags :eek: Kind of leaning towards a keltec, but the bolt cycling when fired and the rarity causing price increases has held me back from it. Just can't decide :(

3. phideaux

Speaking of Keltec, and glock mags,

I did manage to put together a Keltec 9mm carbine, that uses Glock mags, which I also modified with a little walnut..... with a few 9mm handguns.
    Even the Keltec 9mm carbines are hard to come by , and too costly.

[​IMG]

Jim

4. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

I am in the process of looking for a rifle to marry up to my Blackhawk in .45colt. I have come across s few recently that, but now that I have the pistol I can't find the rifle. I am sure that will not last and eventually one will show up that just makes my heart skip and screams BUY ME NOW! Kind of partial to the look of the Henry Big Boy.

Bhale, as to your search for a .40 carbine that uses glock mags, have to checked out the Olympic Arms pistol caliber ARs? I haven't looked at one in a while so I don't know what the price and availibility has done since the scare, but they do come in 9mm and .40s&w and take glock mags even the big 30 plus ones ( which are like finding a leprechaun riding a unicorn now )

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Yes, I have looked at the Olyarms, theuron defense, lone wolf, and just right carbines. I like things about each of them, but don't like the price of any of them. :cool:

Oly and Lone Wolf would probably top my list if price was not a factor though. They are hard to come by and run about $1000 used.

6. phideaux

Arizona,

Arizona,

I really like these two in .45 Colt, both are great shooters, very accurate.

[​IMG]

Jim

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  7. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

The only rifle and handguns I have of same caliber is .22lr,and that wasn't done on purpose :D.

8. phideaux

Yep, I also like to marry up some .22lr also.

These are fun , the grandsons enjoy the S&W Pistol a lot.

[​IMG]

Jim

9. giturgun

giturgun New Member

Does my .222 Savage rifle and .222 TC Contender super 14 count. How about my Super 16 TC barrel and 30-30 Win 94.

10. hombre243

hombre243 New Member

I did but now I don't but I may start again...

I had a Walker Colt and a 1858 New Army, both shot a .454 ball. They were sidekicks to my CVA .45 cal Kodiak Magnum Pro when I was shooting that size ball and the Lyman GPR and T/C Bone Collector when I used saboted 45's. I like the idea. I want to get a lever gun in 45 Colt to go with my Ruger BH. Then, one more hoss just for the halibut. A 454 Casull handgun as well as a rifle for the cartridge. Dream on...

11. chelboed

chelboed Member

This thread kicks!

I want a pc4 to match my 40. I also want either a Super Blackhawk with a Marlin 44 mag carbine....or a Redhawk with a ruger 44 mag carbine.

Ideally, I'd lie to have a p944 to go with the pc4.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

12. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

I'd love to see Ruger come out with a new PC series to go with the SR series mags.

13. phideaux

Another couple .

My grandson loves taking this pair to the range,

The 10/22, all Voquartsen innards, is a true tack driver at 50 yds, he is 11 yr old now, and will out shoot a lot grownups. Makes a proud granpa.:cool:

The Heritage aint too bad, but he shoots a lot of pop cans at 20 yds for fun.

[​IMG]

I really want a Charger to wed with the 10/22.

Jim

14. phideaux

Another match made in heaven.

Im sure some of you guys have a match of .357 magnum,

This ismy Rossi .357 carbine and a Uberti 1873 Cattleman in .357 magnum.

I have used both for Coyote nad groud hog hunting.

[​IMG]

Jim

15. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

I didn't think about 22lr :D

I have plenty of those. I have thought about getting one of those Zip pistols to have something else that uses my 10/22 magazines

http://zipfactory.com/

16. phideaux

Yeah, I think I have a few more couples in .22lr also,

but I almost forgot this lovely( huh) couple in .45ACP.
    Hipoint 4595TS carbine and Taurus Mil Pro in.45ACP, with Lasermax micro.
    I just wanted to see what .45acp would do out of a long barrel,:D I dont know why I have the Taurus.:)

[​IMG]

btw, both guns are flawless operators, fun, and nice shooters.
    Jim

17. phideaux

I just found another pair that matches up nicely.

Marlin 60, thats a tack driver, and a Iver Johnson top break .22 from 1936 or1938.

Arent they a lovely couple ?

[​IMG]

Jim

18. phideaux

Heres a funny little odd couple also,

[​IMG]
    A Cricket .22, for the kids mostly. and a Jennings J22 ,22 cal semiauto that took me about 2 months to get it to cycle reliably, never the less its a fun shooter at 10yds.

Jim

19. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes I think same way. I post pics when I get home... I'm 357mag junkie

20. chelboed

chelboed Member

This is wisdom.

I could see a space in the butt stock for an extra mag to sit in waiting....that or a nostalgic tribute to the original mini 14 factory folding stock...but in a .40

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: May 21, 2013