MarkIII target

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by VThillman, Dec 17, 2016.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

My emails this morning include a 'flyer' from Davidson's Gallery of Guns, offering a 'last chance' at the Mark III Target. 5.5' bull barrel, target grips, etc. The price to you varies with the LGS involved, but it is probably significantly less than previous prices.

If I ever buy another 22 auto handgun, it's likely to be an SR22, so I'm just passing on the news.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

May I assume you already own the MarkIII Target 5.5" bbl ?

You do know that your allowed to own both ?:)

Jim

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

When I went to the gun show in Mesa there was a dealer who had a chit pot load of Mark III's and he was asking OVER the suggested the MSRP by Ruger. Our dealers out here are gouging the public. You would think that a state with open carrying would have a better pricing system than to try to scalp the public. What happened to the old time gun shows where only 10% were dealers and the rest were the regular guys who liked weapons did a lot of trading or held the price down and you could do some haggling? When I approach a booth at a gun show the first thing I ask if they are a dealer. If they are, I usually avoid them. I don't mind doing the paper work at all that is required, I just get tired of the gouging.

Tommy

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

My LGS says $370 including state tax, in my hands. Not bad, if I wanted one.

No Jim, I don't own one. Closest I've owned was a Smith & Wesson 22A-1 bull barrel. I liked it some, but not enough to keep it.

5. phideaux

I own a MarkII and a Sr 22,

Two totally different apps and uses , Not even close in how they shoot or handle...

But dang it I like both of em,

The Mark is a tack driving target pistol and will eat anything I put in it.
    004.jpg
    The SR is so much fun for just plinking at 10-15 yards , and they can be ammo finicky, ( mine is not) .
    ruger 22.jpg

Also I have the S&W 22A-1,, shoots as accurate as the mark , but not quite as far, different feel,
    22a.jpg

Jim

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I just paid $360 plus tax for my new MK IV Target with bull barrel. IMO the SR22 is no comparison to the MK series. It is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both sweet but don't feel or look like the other. The SR22 was around $100 less cost than the MK IV.
    Cleaning this MK IV is even easier to do than the SR22 is. I think back and think bras could have been better made with just a button for take down.

7. phideaux

I was always trying to invent Velcro snaps on them things....

zip..zip.:cool:

Jim

8. buster40c

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Our here the dealers at our Mesa gun show were asking $450.00 plus tax. Goes to show you how much gouging is going on.

Tommy

10. buster40c