Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range with friends and family and a friend was having feed issues. Some FTF and some FTE. His solution was a little lubrication (it didn't help). This is a brand new Mark III 22/45. He started blaming ammo, then magazines. I traded some mags with his ammo and no problem with my Mark III 22/45. He had issues with my proven mags and ammo. I asked if he had ever torn it down? He said no. I asked if he minded if I tore it down and he said go head.

I did the mag in/mag out (remember it's a III) to tear it down. I pulled the main spring assembly and slid the bolt out. Just then the barrel slipped off the grip frame with no effort at all! Even with the barrel pushed back as far as possible there was .050"-.070" slop b/t the barrel and grip frame! I told him that I have 8 Mark II/III's and none had any slop b/t barrel and grip frame.

Even when reassembled there was play (up/down and right/left) b/t the barrel and grip frame. I feel this was his feeding issue and FTF and FTE contributor. I suggested returning it to Ruger for repai. Does anyone else agree this play b/t barrel and grip frame could lead to these issues?

TIA
Neil S.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Absolutely... send it back.

Sorry to see one slip thru at Ruger, with that problem.
They will take care of ya Im sure.

Jim

·
Registered
433 Posts
That is very unusual. My MK III 22/45 has been apart dozens of time and I still need a dead blow mallet to remove the barrel and get it back in place. I would definitely send it back to let Ruger repair/replace it.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All of my Mark II/III have tight receiver/barrel to grip frames too. He's going to take this one back to the gun store he bought it from. I told him it will continue the miss feed as long as it's loose.

Thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts