Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
I'll need to mount a red dot on it soon as I'm having more and more trouble with iron sights lately due to astigmatism and cataracts. Every little bit helps ;)
Hmmm, so then, the investment in the better rear sight as mentioned in Post #1, even though it may have been included, is basically useless, for you?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For those interested, the Volquartsen LLV upper seen above, unlike Volquartsen's currently available lineup, is a DISCONTINUED version that they had finished in nickel boron, that I purchased through Wirthwein Guns, a Volquartsen authorized dealer. At the time of purchase there were no sights included with the upper; the only rear sight options that Volquartsen offers for these LLV uppers are either standard black adjustable or adjustable night sights, the latter of which I had no use for as this isn't a carry weapon, and in regards to front sight options, Volquartsen offers either black or fiber optic. I chose the black adjustable target rear and green fiber optic front, so at least there would be sights on the upper should I someday wish to sell it. I purchased these sights from Wirthwein Guns along with the LLV upper as they were offering them at the lowest price available.

The matching nickel boron compensater was the only thing that accompanied the upper; there was no included optional bottom rail.

Wirthwein Guns currently has two of these exact same DISCONTINUED 4.5" LLV Mark II-III nickel boron plated uppers left in their inventory, should any of you have interest in one:

DISCONTINUED Volquartsen 4.5" LLV upper for Ruger Mark II & III pistols w/compensater finished in silver/nickel boron, available at Wirthwein Guns...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The LLV uppers that can be purchased separately are the very same LLV uppers used with Volquartsen's Scorpion and Black Mamba pistols, which are currently available in a number of different finishes, e.g., black anodize, Cerakote in OD green, flat dark earth, and an American Flag pattern, and lastly their "Battleworn" nickel boron finish.

There's virtually no difference between uppers other than the Mark series pistols that they're designed to work with, the two lengths that they're available in (4.5" and 6"), and the coating applied to them. The straight nickel boron LLV plated upper seen on my pistol at the beginning of this thread is a previous finish that Volquartsen offered before they decided to offer their Battleworn type nickel boron finish instead, a finish that's become more and more popular in recent years.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Hey Andy, when are you gonna quit being so dang CHEAP, and become a member of the NRA?

Hell, you can afford to "over-pay" for uppers and parts from Wirthwein, why not save lots of $$$ and buy your parts from me, and save enough to join the NRA. :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts