Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened upon the pistol shown below today, the serial number of which suggests that it was manufactured sometime in 1998, and although I'd never previously been interested in the long barreled Mark Series pistols it was quietly calling out to me like a siren from Greek mythology from the confines of a gun case at one of the semi-local pawn shops that I visit regularly, so I felt compassionate empathy towards it (LOL) and ended up taking it home. After a good cleaning and attending to just a few spots with some cold bluing it looks great:

:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice find. I have a 10 inch barrel for my Mark IV and it sure is accurate. I'm looking for a bi-pod for it because I find it to be too heavy to shoot off hand so I'm going to have fun with it.

Yours looks great. Good luck and good shooting.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Nice find. I have a 10 inch barrel for my Mark IV and it sure is accurate. I'm looking for a bi-pod for it because I find it to be too heavy to shoot off hand so I'm going to have fun with it.

Yours looks great. Good luck and good shooting.
I don't own a 10 inch Mark yet, but do have 10 and 15 inch TC Contenders, and yes, long barrels are not ideal for off hand shooting, but I prefer to just use bags.
Bipods are great, but I don't find them any more effective that sand bags and I think the ruin the look of an otherwise nice looking firearm like a Ruger Mark I - IV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just bought one of those cheap bipods that clips to the barrel and is not permanent. I figure it will be fun to test the barrel but I have no expectations for it to be better than my bag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts