Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remove the metal clip in the LCI. Polish the cartridge ramp on the barrel with a Dremel tool. My gun has not FTE after over 10K rounds. The gun just does not jamb. I use Wallymarts Winchester bulk ammo.

·
Registered
246 Posts
what metal clip? the one that pushes out the LCI?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have 5 Mark IIIs. All 5 are completely stock excepting for the sights. None of them ever jam, have FTEs, or any such stuff. :cryinglaugh:

Not sure that I am convinced that the LCI is any kind of issue. Pretty sure it is not.

I do nothing to my feedramps except clean them with a Hoppes #9 soaked Q-Tip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 5 Mark IIIs. All 5 are completely stock excepting for the sights. None of them ever jam, have FTEs, or any such stuff. :cryinglaugh:

Not sure that I am convinced that the LCI is any kind of issue. Pretty sure it is not.

I do nothing to my feedramps except clean them with a Hoppes #9 soaked Q-Tip.
Then if I where you... I'd do nothing. :tiphat:
Thanks for your "Not sure ... Pretty sure convinced" comments on the LCI's. But just for the record my post was for people who DO have FTE problems. The problems with the LCI have been all over the web in case you'd like to increase your horizons.

Oh I have the same recommendation on your feed ramp... don't do nothing... but to be honest I really don't care what you do with your feed ramps.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am on about as many gun forums as anyone, including Rimfire Central and Rugerforum.net. My own impression is that the vast majority of Mark III shooters do not think that the LCI is ever an issue. But hey, whatever. It does add another place to clean, I'll give you that. I find that a Qtip combined with an occasional jet of compressed air cleans it up very snappily.

In my opinion Mark III pistols shoot with as much reliability as a .22LR semi auto can, without any modifications. But modifications are a fun part of the hobby and if it makes someone happy, well, that is a good thing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have found a slightly better tool than the regular qtip, my wife uses a woven qtip like thing (one with a pointed end) for makeup. They are dirt cheap at target (no pun intended) and never ravel , they seem to work better than regular qtips and are no more expensive.

Thanks for the blast of air tip, I will crank out my air blaster from my computer stuff next time I think I need it on the LCI

·
Registered
285 Posts
Paul, the compressed air for cleaning computers is exactly what I am talking about. Works great.

Just got a new Mark III yesterday. Gonna be a gift for my son. We'll see how it shoots.

·
Registered
246 Posts
super!, I don't know if I mentioned it here, or not but, I also have found that dental tools like the probes and scalers the hygienist uses at the dentist office are great for bolt faces etc. Most offices have a whole drawer of these things laying around and don't mind parting with them. I used to use them in my computer work for removing key caps and thought, hey, why not try gently using them on my firearms. It works nicely especially for compressing the springs near the trigger on my 22/45. hope it turns into a good tip for you guys who have given me so much help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts