Machete owners?

Discussion in 'Knife and Blade' started by ifithitu, Oct 18, 2018.

1. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

I picked up this Machete Tramontina made in Brazil from Lowe's last week.

Attached Files:

2. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Picked up Gerber Gator Machete Jr. high carbon steel integrated saw,glass filled nylon gator grip.
    56669568_2160527150692682_3909995087903326208_n.jpg

WizardMaster likes this.

3. WizardMaster

WizardMaster SHARPSHOOTER

I just picked up an old beautiful full size scythe, does that count? LOL

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Scythe, I hafe the blade off of one. Son got it at a garage sale. He is a blade collector. guess you could call it a machete on a stick. Wish it had the original handle.

I have 2 Tramantina Brazilian machetes. Got them off a guy at a gunshow that sells knives, swords, etc. That was 10 years ago and they were only 6 bucks each. used one for years and it is still somewhere outside, probably stuck in a tree. Kinda lost it a month ago. I had to start using the other one. What do they sell for at Lowe's? The guy at the gunshow didn't have them anymore. Lowe's probably buying them all up. They are as good as my U.S. marked machetes made by Ontario Knife Co. I hate to use those and wear the kinish off them. Got a full size one and a shorter one.

The Tramantinas are heavy and well balanced. their military uses them IIRC. Sharpens well and cuts half inch thick brush with one good whack. I have acres of mesquite and use them to clear fencelines very often.

WizardMaster likes this.