M1 Carbines coming to the USA?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by MagBlackhawk, Dec 27, 2016.

1. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

As most of you know, our POTUS banned the importation of many left-over surplus rifles from South Korea.
    I've heard this includes a Bunch of 30 cal M1 Carbines.

With the new guy coming into office I wonder he'll lift the ban?

Having fired but never owned an M1 Carbine I'm thinking it would make a great truck/beater/house gun.
    They would likely come equipped with scratches and scrapes so....
    If enough of them were on the market, in surplus condition the price should (?) be fairly low.

Hum, I'd sure like to have one of those fast handling little rifles. Maybe someday soon???
    Well, maybe......

2. allenr

allenr Member

Obviously the price would be determined by condition and demand. If the carbine was used by SK armed forces I suspect it would be in condition that would drive its price down. But if demand was high that might not be true. On the domestic market one can sell fro as little as $300 to as high as $1000.

I trained on the M1 in Paris Island. Then the M14 in Infantry School. When I went to Nam as a noncom I had a familiarization course on the M1 Carbine because they were plentiful in the SV Military.

It was light and underpowered but for the uses you suggest probably OK.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Looking forward to Trump in office...then the M1 Carbines coming into the CMP.

The M1 Carbine was pressed into service for rear echelon and support troops such as mortar teams and radio men...giving them a light, handy weapon as opposed to the full sized M1 Garand in WWII and Korea...

The .30 carbine caliber cartridge utilizes a 110 grain ball and has a muzzle velocity of 1,990 fps giving it 967 ft lbs of energy... when fired from the M1 carbine's 18" barrel...into targets at danger close contact distances... in situations where the carrier was at risk of being over run.

While it can fire 3 to 5 inch groups at 100 yards...it was indeed meant to be a close quarter combat weapon.

4. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Milsup is the best firearm to purchase IMHO.