luv the country sights

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Mar 3, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

This morning around 8 I let my dogs out and didn't look around outside. The dogs started barking and so I looked out to see what was the big deal. There was four deer in the field next to mine. The deer took off and one especially of several had a real tall bushy white flag. I need start keeping my camera at my back door to catch these sightings. I so like living out in the country.

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

There's nothing like it :)

3. Gabby

Gabby New Member

:D No place I'd rather be, except for more of the same. :D
    One of the great things about this country here is the
    wildlife, and I never tire of watching them.
    I love AZ where I grew up and lived most of
    my life but the wildlife in my yard takes away some of
    the sting of my homesickness!
    Gabby

4. gumpy

gumpy New Member

My front yard. Country livin is the way to go!

Attached Files:

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I have lived in the country for most all my life ..

I don't think I could live anywhere else.

No neighbors within a mile, wildlife everywhere, (except during hunting season), bald Eagle, deer, turkey, duck, geese, groundhog, coyote, even a wolf or 2, and less than 5 miles from my house cougar has been roaming.
    No Bear, gotta go East for them.

Jim

6. buster40c

I saw the deer again today running across a field father away and about a few minutes later a pack of dogs were running in the direction that deer had gone. I saw the dogs later coming back so I guess the deer lost them.

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

In Az our wildlife consists of a few wild boars, scorpions, rattlesnakes, gila monsters, skunks, and sometimes a bazillion mosquitos when the weather is right. Oh, my neighbor said he saw a coyote on our street one morning but I have never seen one. My wife won't let me shoot skunks anymore cuz I shot one on our patio and it stunk for a week. Told her to put a clothespin over her nose and NASCAR duct tape over her mouth. I was using my 9mm which did the trick. Now I can't even use my S&W .22 pistol. I am waiting for her to be attacked and then I can start shooting once again besides having to go to the range. All my neighbors don't care cuz they hate skunks too.

Tommy:violin:

BTW: I got hit again!!!! I told her I was just joking and told her to forget about the clothespin. I am always getting hit.:mad: She has no sense of humor.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  8. Gabby

Gabby New Member

Tommy those are just the politicians, you really need to get out in the country sometime. Try Alpine in the summer or Flagstaff or Williams, lots of wildlife there Deer, Elk, Coyote, Bear, Cougar, Antelope, and the list goes on. There is life outside of the Valley of the Sun and roads leading to all of it. Granted some are only 2 ruts down a wash, so get a 4X4 and experience some of the greatest country God ever made. It isn't all desert! :hammer: Darn you've made me homesick again!
    Now as to my front yard lets see if I can get a photo loaded here. Or not, I don 't know what I'm doing wrong but I'll try again when I'm not replying to a post.
    Gabby

9. Gabby

Gabby New Member

OK when I click on "Manage Attachments"
    nothing happens!
    What's wrong?
    Gabby

10. buster40c

You have to go to advanced reply then click manage attachments. That should bring a up a screen for browse and upload. If that doesn't work then my pc expertise limits have been met. Then check with DoubleR.
    I found I have to preview the reply/changes and click submit before closing out the browse window or I get it didn't take.
    Tommy if you go up into the mountains it really is a lot cooler. I went to Phoenix once via down through the mountains and holy crap did the temperature rise as we came down the mountains into Phoenix.

11. phideaux

My front yard , from the front porch ,

Oh yeah, it did snow this winter .

It looks about the same off the back porch..

Gotta have my country living.

100_5684.jpg

100_5683.jpg

Best I could get , off the back porch.

100_5681.jpg
    100_5678.jpg

Jim

12. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

We have a coyote trail right outside our window bout a hundred feet where they come and go like clock work on hunting trips into the suburbs. :)
    Plus raccoon bobcats and the occasional deer. I'm a mile from Coronado national forest, northeast side of Tucson.

13. phideaux

Does Fort Hauchuca ring a bell to you AZ guys?

Spent 3 months there in 1967.
    HOT....DRY....DESERT, and Gila Monsters everywhere.

Jim

14. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

The fort was established back in the 1870's to fend of indian attacks, was decommissioned and then re-instated again. From my understanding, most of it is a museum but still part of "military inteligence". Talk about an oxymoron, didn't know they had military intelligence. But they do conduct tours there on a daily basis that is free of charge. Jim, they probably didn't charge you anything when you were there did they?

Tommy

15. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Tommy those are just the politicians, you really need to get out in the country sometime. Try Alpine in the summer or Flagstaff or Williams, lots of wildlife there Deer, Elk, Coyote, Bear, Cougar, Antelope, and the list goes on. There is life outside of the Valley of the Sun and roads leading to all of it. Granted some are only 2 ruts down a wash, so get a 4X4 and experience some of the greatest country God ever made. It isn't all desert!

Gabby,
    Sometimes we get out of the desert and head up to PineTop and Lakewood however it's at least a 3-4 hour drive. I enjoy those areas as they are 30-35 degrees cooler in the summer. Like Buster stated, coming down out of the mountains and into Phoenix, you can feel the heat hit you like a blast furnance and when you are in the valley, start dowsing yourself with water.

Tommy

16. phideaux

No sir, we were forced to participate in war games there, not exactly a place you would pay to be.

In 67, we were trained on all types of armored vehicles, in the stupid desert ....dry and hot.

Not wet and hot, like the jungles in the other world...:rolleyes:

But we did learn to watch out for deadly creatures ...;)

So , I take it the Fort is not used for training these days

Jim

17. Ernesto

Yes, I go down there bout once a month to do inspections. You can see the drones flyby over the highway all day. I'm often out in the boonies doing flooring inspections along the border which is about a mile away or so from the fort. Always got a few pistolas in the cab.

@ phideaux, its totally going strong down there with the drones. They are adding more. They also pilot drones from there in the mideast on missions.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  18. Gabby

Gabby New Member

Still nothing, it may be my crappy connection via DSL.
    Gabby

19. Gabby

Gabby New Member

Ernesto you forgot to mention that the real forest doesn't start for 50 miles up the mountain. LOL
    Gabby

20. Ernesto

Close gabby, close. Maybe 15 minutes up the road you can hit desert oak and pine.

Attached Files: