Lowest profile mounting over chamber on Mini 14 Ranch..Discuss.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by more_cowbell02, Jan 8, 2016.

1. more_cowbell02

more_cowbell02 New Member

New member here. I am also a member at perfectunion.com. But I wanted to get some more info on this particular setup. Personally, I am looking to get the Burris ar-332 optic. I have been doing some research and found that some optics set too high. Now, I'm installing an ATI Strikeforce stock, and even with the cheek riser some say it still won't work..the optic sets too high.

I am open to other optics. I do a lot of plinking and target shooting from 10 - 200 yards. I want an etched reticle, 2 - 3x magnification, and the lowest profile mounting option available over the chamber. I do NOT want an Ultimak, or any other kind of rail to replace the hand guard. No offense, just my personal preference. Can I use rings with this optic? That would be suburb..

Thanks!

2. smokier

smokier New Member

Welcome from Eastern Iowa

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T !!

That IS one long thread title....

4. more_cowbell02

more_cowbell02 New Member

Thanks for the welcomes. I just dislike that this serious question cannot be asked on another spot on this website..maybe its because it was my first, I don't know. Sorry, I guess.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

As of right now, your post has had 40 views, I doubt that you would have had that many , over in Mini 14 subforum, but that's just my opinion.

BTW, your welcome to post the same thread in that forum also, now that you have been introduced to the folks here.

Again Welcome.

Jim

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Second post and already complaining...!?

Suburb is an outlying district adjacent to a city...if you mean superb...it would be superb if you spelled it correctly. :rolleyes:

7. freescopesdad

freescopesdad New Member

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

^^ second post...complaining already.:rolleyes:

Yes we have a bunch of great folks here.

They like introductions, so they have an idea who they are trading info with...

I recall that you got a great reception.;)

Jim

9. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Usually, a question in the intro post gets attention from folks that can help. Looks like nobody so far knows an answer to your question - so they are just doing the greeting.

You intro post gets general exposure, because most of us click on 'New Posts' after we log in. Most Internet boards work that way, eh?

:cool: