Look out rabbits..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phideaux, Aug 13, 2015.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

The wife and I brought this home today,

Its a her, 10 weeks old, Tri Color.

Wife wants to name her JOZEE.
    Wifes happy everybody is happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Such a cutie. Is that the chew training shoe?
    Are you going to keep her outside?

3. phideaux

Yeah, we thought she would like a shoe to chew on, ....it squeaks.:)

Yeah we are gonna keep her in a little travel carrier tonight and a couple nights, then move her to the garage at night.
    We will definetly keep her outside during the day, and eventually she will live outside.

I have a pretty nice big, chicken house and fenced pen for her , eventually at night.

Jim

4. buster40c

I have a 100' nylon rope for a runner for my dog which I used when he was still a pup. I had to fix my swing gate so I could latch it shut. Dang dog learned how to open it from watching me I guess and down the road he would go.

5. havasu

havasu In the army now..

What a sweet lookin' pup!

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

We have an apple head chihuahua and I wouldn't be without her. She is my constant buddy and companion. She sleeps with me at night and at one time I swore I had slept cuz when I was single, I had enough animals in my bed and they would leave by morning. Her name is Dolly but I call her "Little Monster" since she was little and she answers to me. If anything ever happens to my Little Monster, I would go nuts. When we go to car shows, cold weather, she gets inside my vest and I carry her around and we have stroller too. But she is a house dog cuz the heat would kill her. (115 degrees today). Glad to see you have another addition and all the joy that goes with it. Good luck!
    Tommy

7. buster40c

LOL you will get many laughs from the pup but you will also be shaking your head at her also.
    Were you ever told to fire guns around her while she is a pup so she will not end up gun shy?

8. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

With a name like JOZEE you need to get a couple of kittens, too.

Attached Files:

9. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Oh wow! What a doll!!!!!!!! Absolutely adorable!!! Look out varmints!!

10. phideaux

She slept in her carrier, in the utility room last night, not a sound from her.

Opened the door on the carrier this morning , she came out , went outside did her business, and is now wanting in my lap..

I cant make a lap dog out of her, or an inside dog.

She is gunna be my hunting partner

Even I got to admit....she is cute.:rolleyes::)

Jim

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  11. buster40c

LOL you make her an inside dog and when you want to go hunting she will say are you nuts it's cold out there and I can get lost in that white stuff.

12. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

I couldn't do it..........................she would have to be inside.................

13. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My beagle/feist mix is named Josie. :D

14. phideaux

Yep, its hard..:)

I dont have a dog house, but I have this Large kennel,
    She seems happy in it, and it never sees sun shine, except maybe an hour in the morning.

Yall think this will work for when we are not outside , or leave for awhile ?
    Do you think I should cover the top eith something , for the rain ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guarding the Safe Shed...:D
    [​IMG]

Jim

15. buster40c

I would build a lean to against the safe shed. Put a runner rope from lean to to the tree and leash long enough but short enough that she can't get wrapped around the fence. Put a stop on the rope so she can't get wrapped around the tree. She will be a happy camper able to run and look around and be shaded and protected from the rain.

16. phideaux

Well, if you look at the first picture,
    from the rear corner of shed to that tree, will be a flower/shrub garden(trianle) up to where the gravel is, thats for ease of mowing,everywhere thres gravel will be a deck.

Good idea Buster but you didnt know my plans.

I will eventually move her kennel house , for that reason.

Once she is really settled in , I will probly let her run free in the day, and lock her in at night.
    Too many coyotes ,

I may just lay a piece of metal on , bigger that the kennel, to protect her bed and food from rain.

She was going in and out of it today , so she is learning.

Jim

17. phideaux

Im having fun..

Went out this morning while its cool, and decide to trim up some low limbs on a couple trees in the backyard.

Of course the pup is with me, and running around playing,
    I stared picking up all the trimmings (mostly 1" dia), I gotta walk about 30-40 feet to throw them in a pile,

I noticed that she was grabbing the end of the limbs and shaking them, so, I started playing tug of war with her and running her around in circles, she only weighs about 6 lb.

So i decide to let her have one , figgered she would just lay down and chew on it,

She threw her head up, and dragged it to the pile and laid it on the pile.

I couldnt believe it , so I hauled a couple more over, then played with her again, and let her have it, she did the same thing , dragged it over and laid it on the pile, she did that 4-5 times. Now thats cool :cool:.

Then I looked over and she was underneath the pile rambling around.

I hope thats a good sign.

Anyways its fun watchin her.

btw, I forgot , I did pop off a few .22 rnds, , she just set there and looked at , then backed off about 10 ft, and watched...

Jim

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  18. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Are you sure she ain't part beaver?

19. buster40c

Yep pups are a hoot to watch. Seems like you got more than a hunting buddy. Sounds like she is one smart little girl.

20. phideaux

Sitting in the shade , drinking my morning coffee, and watching Jo-Zee playing , and yelpin at the kittens.

[​IMG]

Jim