Long Time Ruger Owner: New to This Site

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by fun2drive, Oct 19, 2014.

1. fun2drive

fun2drive New Member

I have been a long time Ruger owner since 73 and have a good collection of single action models all from 1976 with the 200th Year of American Liberty on the top of the barrel.
    I like my Mark 1 .22 bull barrel for plinking and a couple of 10/22's with a Mini-14 and M77 .270. Oh one Security-Six too. All but the Mark 1 are 200th year models.

I plan to sell all my single actions and get an LC9s mostly on Hickok45's recommendation.

I love these single actions but frankly left them all boxed in my home city while I was working a USAF thing. I never forgot about them and had them in my foot locker in original shipping and storage box. Not as nice as these plastic boxes these days but was pretty good in the brown wax paper anyway.

I hope to learn more about why my Ruger Mark 1 and my friends Mark III seem to not feed .22LR hollow points without crushing the nose. Anyway look forward to contributing...

2. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Welcome from WI

3. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Glad to have you here!

4. cgor

cgor New Member

Welcome from Ohio

Chris

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk.

Jim

6. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to the forum! Glad you've joined us! :)

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I guess I hold my tongue just right when loading .22lrhp in my Mark II because I have no problem shooting them.
    If your single sixes all have 200th year on the guns then they could be worth a good chunk of money, especially if sold all together. With original boxes is a plus also I would think.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  8. fun2drive

fun2drive New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys. I never had a FTF with my Mark I until I started using some Rem ammo HP. Something must be up with that as the round nose never has a FTF problem. I had and have some old Stinger ammo the stuff in the plastic box with all the bright colored writing on the inside. Some worked fine others almost like they were they were low on powder. These Stingers are old old old like maybe 30 years old. Never had old ammo cause a problem like this.

Regarding my 200th year models I prefer to offer them to enthusiast like our forum because I know they will be appreciated.
    Happy shooting to all of us...

9. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum

10. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum from deep south Texas!!!!!!

11. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Welcome from Texas!
    I had a 200th year of American Liberty MKI. It was lost in a fire a few years ago. I miss it a lot.
    As far as the FTF issues. My 22/45 does that with Remington ammo too. Federal and CCI feed just fine

12. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Howdy, from a newbie from KY.:cool:

13. fun2drive

fun2drive New Member

I read that for many of the FTF using Rem hollow points the angle is not steep enough on the feed ramp and removing material on the follower to increase that angle is the solution. Followers are not that expensive so once I get a chance to get to the mags will try one of two of my 5 and then try the Rem hollow points again.
    Great forum by the way...