Local News Jumping On Bandwagon!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FrogSwatter, Jan 31, 2013.

1. FrogSwatter

FrogSwatter New Member

I don't always watch the news but the other day I happened to catch the local 5:30 news program. Normally there would be a national story followed by 3 or 4 local stories. But on this evening, the first three stories were about shootings in other parts of the country and then a report on the gun ban hearings. Are the local stations in your area acting stupid like this or just ours?:mad:

2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I stopped watching local, in Texas they are very pro gun, but it's never anything I want to watch and 9 times out of ten I've read about it on the internet.

3. Heater

Heater New Member

It is much easier for them to pick up feeds from elsewhere than to do their own reporting about local activities, especially when the networks offer their affiliates much more sensational/emotional/easily exploitable material than much lower key, but actually pertinent local stories.

I'm ex-news media for a few reasons, but this is one of them. The saying "If it bleeds, it leads" is not without substance in the news biz.

4. Railbuggy

Railbuggy Oath Keeper

I quite watching TV when I got my first PC in 94 becouse I remember Billie talking about those evil black rifles and passing that AWB thing.I became a prepper before someone coin the term.Dad died in April of 95 and it was him that showed me the internet.Bought my first 32" flat screen HDTV in 2007 to replace a that big heavy CRT monitor I was useing.Some people today still ask(is that a TV you have hooked up to your computer).I'm not a computer geek.Im more of a hillbilly MacGyver kind of guy. Sure,I watch TV.But I call it HULU and TUBEPLUS now days.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013