Lirisy Ankle Holster review

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Fireman22, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Thursday night I went on-line and decided to purchase my first ever ankle holster to use with my (don't laugh) AMT Back Up (I know that many do not like the AMT Back Up but I seem to have one of the good ones) and my Charter Arms Undercover. After researching Amazon for an inexpensive one, I settled on the Lirisy as the product description claims it would fit both semi-autos and revolvers. Despite an estimated arrival of early November, it only took two days for this Chinese made holster to arrive.

After wearing it for two days, I can say the material is comfortable and well constructed. However, there are two things that I have found to be worth noting. First, I find that the placement and orientation of the retention strap is better suited for semi-autos rather than revolvers. The strap is sewn with a right angle orientation that does not fit well with the rounded back of the revolver (see photos, sorry you have to see my leg). For that reason, I will not be carrying my revolver in this. Second, it is not really an ankle holster, it is a calf holster. The top calf strap needs to be above the thickest part of my calf muscle to ensure it does not slide down my leg.

As I stated, I've had it for two days and during that time I have worn it around the yard doing chores (moving firewood, climbing stairs, getting in and out of the truck, etc ) as well as taking it on a four hour motorcycle ride.

So far, I'm satisfied with my $13 investment as it is comfortable, stays in place, and securely holds my pistol. I foresee using it on a regular basis when I am unable to wear on my hip or carry in pocket.

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Nice Tat...!!

...Is that by any chance...Massachusetts !?

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Thanks for the awesome review!
    Interesting!

4. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Thanks. That tattoo is beginning to show it's age (over 20 years old) so I may need to get it touched up, but I still wear it with pride.

Attached Files:

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Interesting holster. Pretty sure that 'nice tat' is the entire USA.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Only saw the ole' Red White and Blue behind the holster VT...

NOW...I can see the good ole' US of A !!

Thanks for your service Fireman22...Be Safe Brother !!

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

All I could see too - but the west coast of Florida was visible.

Fireman 22, how do you access the gun while on your bike? (Dropping your britches don't seem practical.)

:duck:

8. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

To access my gun I just pull up my pant leg It is not an optimal quick draw setup but I feel comfortable knowing that I'm carrying and that it is concealed. No pants dropping needed.