Lightning the trigger on Super Blackhawk

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by BamaFan, Jun 29, 2013.

1. BamaFan

BamaFan New Member

Has anyone bought any aftermarket springs for their supper Blackhawk. I have a Supper Blackhawk 44mag and have done some research on trying to lighten the trigger but would like to get some opinions on what # springs to get to replace and where to order them from. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  2. nickE10mm

nickE10mm New Member

I bought the Wolff 17/30 trigger kit from MidwayUSA with hammer and trigger spring, however I did NOT install the hammer spring, only the trigger spring as it will increase lock time which is bad for accuracy.

The lighter trigger spring is very nice, although honestly if you wanna do it RIGHT I think a true trigger job from a smith with, gasp, STOCK springs) would be best.

It's the sear that needs polishing and adjusting, not as much the WEIGHT of pull

I don't have a smith nearby who can do it otherwise is go that route.

The trigger spring is a quick and inexpensive mod that does work though, yes.

3. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Have used the Wolff springs a bunch of times with decent results. Keep in mind there's "lighter" but that doesn't remove any unsmooth feel or make any other improvements. Definately better to get a GOOD action job by a GOOD gunsmith (not just the local guy) I've had Gallagher or Clements do mine.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Moved to the correct subforum: GUNSMITHING

5. flattop44

flattop44 New Member

If its a new model Super just take one leg of the trigger spring off of the holdding pin located under the grip panel at the top of the frame. Simply let it ride below the holding pin, do not cut the leg off. That will lighten the trigger. Its a "poor man's trigger job", see if it helps.
    If it still needs attention I agree that a good gunsmith is the way to go. John Gallagher is located in Jasper, Alabama and is a true master smith.....and just a great guy!!
    Bill