Liberal's philosophy

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by havasu, Dec 5, 2015.

1. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Attached Files:

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I just have a hard time understanding liberal thinking that all are created equal and all deserve to have the best life has to offer regardless of effort made to obtain a better life. IMO it is that thinking that causes people to take from others, even the taking of their life. What did they gain by taking the life of someone they possibly didn't even know? It is a shame people kill for notoriety thus being a murderer their legacy in life.
    A drunk can drive a car and a psychopath can pull a trigger. They both couldn't care less for someone else's life. Do they make breath analyzers mandatory in new cars to protect people from drunk drivers? NO! That wouldn't be fair and equal treatment for light drinkers. Almost all psychopathic drugs claim suicide as a highly possible side effect. Maybe people that have been in alcohol or drug rehabs should be the ones the liberals should target gun control towards instead of healthy innocent citizens. I wonder how many liberals are on those type of drugs, or how many should be? How many of the mass killers were on psychopathic drugs? Drunk drivers and mentally ill people are the real killers not guns or cars or law abiding healthy citizens that go to work every day to make a better life for themselves and their families.
    Go ahead and argue that it would be wrong to stop people using psychotic drugs or alcoholics from owning guns. I assure you from seeing first hand that mental illness, even be it while using alcohol or drugs, and guns don't mix very well at all.
    But isn't it strange I go to a doctor for a stomach virus he wants to know why I was wearing an Hawaiian shirt. HMMM it was 98 degrees outside might have been why. I am sure he suspected I might have had a gun and he was right. No doubt that is why he asked. I felt like saying because it covers my ripples of fat.

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Buster: "Do they make breath analyzers mandatory in new cars to protect people from drunk drivers?"

I have read about installable breath analyzers for autos, but now don't remember if it was fact or fiction. In that story, a reading over some small value, maybe .04%, would prevent the vehicle from starting. Seems like it was intended for repeat offender DUI.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

That cartoon strip doesn't make the point we would like it to (it does, but wait for it*).

The weapon banner folks can't ban clubs, too many things (like trees) can provide them. Same deal with strings and the like. Banning knives of various kinds in some public places has been going on for quite awhile now, but a sharp knife is too needful for housewives and fishermen to ban all of them. Handguns, on the other hand, are mostly designed to kill, have a very secondary purpose of target shooting. Much easier ro get at.

*Nowadays though, handguns are the best practical means of self defense in the home and in public places. Banning them can only be justified if 1) there are significantly better means available, or 2) self defense is of little or no importance.

So, where is the justification for banning or severely restricting the possession of handguns? Gotta be 1 or 2 above, eh?

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

No they don't have breath analyzers on new cars which surprises me because they make seatbelts mandatory but yes they are required for DWI repeats to have installed on their vehicles. The driver has to blow into the tube then he can start the car if he is legal to drive. Ten minutes later the driver must blow into the tube again and if he fails the test the car will shut off and the horn will start to sound off. There is a monthly charge for the device besides the initial cost and install. From what people have told me the devices are prone to false alarms rather than not working.
    I have my own built in analyzer. If I drink 3 drinks within an hour chances are I will be heaving them quicker than they went down. I really don't drink and never have enjoyed drinking.
    I missed being hit head on by a drunk driver by inches. He ripped my mirror and door handle off before he totaled the p/up behind me. He was going the wrong way on a freeway to avoid a cop.
    A guy I knew that lived in CA and Arizona said many 1% bikers carry ball peen hammers because they aren't illegal to carry.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I am about to relate a true story about the 1% bikers. Approximately 9 years ago I used to hang out in a tavern that served cocktails and noon lunches. I don't drink anything but Diet Coke. Me and about 15-18 guys used to gather together to eat and exchange lies. It was a good time! One day one of the 1%er's came in with 2 prospects (sewn on their jackets) and stood over in a corner while the other 2 went over and picked a fight with a hispanic guy who was eating lunch. I was younger then and in better shape and thought to hell with this. I picked up a broken pool cue (I had the bottom handle with jagged edges) and went over to the 1% and told him to call off his dogs or I would jam the pool cue into his eye. He looked at me and then down. He had a dead blow hammer hanging from his waist. He looked up at me and I said it was his choice on what he wanted. I said a real man would go one on one and let the Hispanic guy fight it that way. He stopped his prospects and the Hispanic kid (about 30 and husky) commenced to kick butt. And I mean he kicked butt!!! He had them both lying on the floor. I took the dead blow hammer from the 1% and told him to get out along with his wussies. Now I am NOT any hero or someone looking to build any kind of reputation, but they left. I turned around and standing behind me were about a eight of my buddies backing my play. That dead blow hammer is in my tool box and every time I look at it, I want to smile, although I have used it a lot for working metal. Point I am making is: if a coward can think he can get away with hurting others for no reason, then that is terrorism and as most cowards, they will run if given the chance. The satisfaction I got was the Hispanic kid joined us and has become a good friend over the years and he always, always, comes up to me at our local car shows and shakes my hand and says hi. Sometimes we have to band together for the common good for all. This forum is full of people who would have done the same thing and I am proud to be a part of it and proud of my "partners" on this forum.

Tommy

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  8. havasu

havasu In the army now..

When I was active in law enforcement, I belonged to a 99%'er law enforcement motorcycle club. I despised those 1%'ers. Now that I am retired, I really don't care who they are or what they did, just leave me alone and I will leave you alone. In fact, I just hired a very prominent 1%'er to stucco my house, and he did a fantastic job. I now consider him a friend.

9. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Well Hav, I've been holding off - biting my tongue are the liberal use of the term "liberals' as all being against gun rights. :)
    I'm a armed liberal, have had guns since I was twelve. Never shot no one, never threatened anyone with a gun and I haven't shot myself either.
    So I am going to post an article from a Liberal who writes for the Rolling Stone magazine in a new thread which near perfectly explains how and what many of us armed liberals feel. I want everyone to take the ten to fifteen minutes to read this article. Read it here: https://www.rugertalk.com/forum/f43/confessions-liberal-gun-lover-4685/#post88402
    Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015