Levis store experience

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by allenr, Dec 6, 2016.

1. allenr

allenr Member

I needed some new jeans so I went to a nearby outlet center to avoid going to mall. After some comparison shopping in different outlets I came to a Levi's outlet. Since Levi's has expressed that does not want guns in its stores I did not go in.

I did go to the door and wave for sales person. A young man came to the door and asked how he could help. I asked him where else I could find Levi jeans in the outlet. He was a bit surprised at the question and answered that the best option was in the store.

I told him I could not come in because Levi's has expressed that it did not want guns in its stores, and that I was carrying a gun. He waved for another person who turned out to be the manager. The young man related our brief conversation. The manager said I could come in to shop because Levi's corporate office had only expressed a preference that shoppers not bring in guns but that it was the shoppers option. I went in but after looking I bought nothing. I actually had no intention of buying because Levi's are so much more expensive than other brands. I just wanted to be told I could not enter so I could protest. That did not go as planned. I did tell the manager upon leaving that the Levi's announcement seemed binding and that was going to cost them business, and if not mandatory it was still going to cost them business because people like me did not know it was optional. I also said the pseudo policy was silly. The manager agreed.

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah. Sargeant Major types tend to get agreed with, I'm thinking.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Seeing how Levi, to my understanding, doesn't even have a factory in the USA to make Levi jeans I think they could at least drop their prices. Better yet sell their jeans in the countries that are making them now. I hope Trump slaps them with a hefty tax for taking their factories out of the country.

4. allenr

allenr Member

I agree. But the republican congress has today indicated it is not inclined to support Trump's initiative to have hefty tax hikes to prevent such misdeeds.

5. buster40c

Ha ha ha Isn't it hilarious how we are told Trump has it made with republican control of the House and Senate. Well maybe not hilarious as much as par for the course.

6. allenr

allenr Member

While we sometimes disagree on this one we are in lockstep. I recall the election when Goldwater opposed Johnson. Goldwater pledged to destroy North Vietnam with nukes if need be. Johnson pledged to never send American boys to fight there. I was in the Marines then and I voted for Johnson because I just could not buy into the Domino Theory.

Next thing thing I know Johnson is elected and I am going to Nam. Four tours later I come home with 2 Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star. After 2 months in the Philadelphia Naval Hospital I get to go back to duty.

Since then I have never trusted any word out of any politicians mouth.

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I haven't bought Levi's in years due to the cost. Wranglers from Wal-Mart seem to fit the bill for me. I am not into fancy, but I am into buying a pair of jeans that will last and don't cost an arm and a leg.

Tommy

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I believe the Levi's folks are trying to 'walk the fence' on this one in that they are trying to please everyone.
    They'll end up pleasing no one.

We don't like it when they "Ask" us not to carry in their store.
    The anti's don't like it cause they don't "Tell" us not to carry in their store.

The Kroger grocery store chain told the anti's they'd go by whatever the law said.
    The anti's threatened a boycott, then backed off cause no one cares..... HaHaHa

:GadsdenFlag:

9. hodge

hodge New Member

I agree that they are trying to walk the fence. Thing is, they are still losing- my philosophy is that if they don't want me, I don't want them. Other businesses are also trying to get me to be a customer, so I'll go where guns are not shunned or prohibited.
    On a side note, my wife found me jeans on sale during Black Friday- Wrangler's for $10 a pair. I'm much more interested in the deal, than I am who's name is on my jeans.

10. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My winter wear now.... $19.
    Rural King specials..

At my age, I'm into comfort.:)

100_5899.jpg

Hey Allen, I don't go into victim zones either.

Jim

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  11. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

^^^ That pic really makes me wish I knew how to use Photoshop...Jim would have a banjo, a jug of moonshine, and a sawed off shotgun in no time flat!:D

12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

^^^^^^Now there is a good looking man in a great pair of bibbies!! I own a 4 pair of them (2 with the engineer stripes) and besides being fashionable, they are comfortable and warm. Everybody chides me for wearing them and I tell them that we are:working man's" jeans and if they worked hard (like I do LOL) they would be plumb proud to own a pair. If they were good enough for my grandpa, whom I love dearly, then they are good enough for me. :D

Good for you Jim, good for you!

Tommy

Besides that, that guy wearing them is kinda good looking anyway. Just ask his wife.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  13. phideaux

I will admit , that I have never worn the bibs off the farm,

But I do wear $9.95 Rural King jeans all the time when off the farm

jimjeans.jpg

Showing off the 30 rounds of .308 ammo I grabbed at a pawn shop.

Jim

14. buster40c

At my age I couldn't give a rats tail what someone thought about my bib overalls. LOL At least I have a shirt on under them.

15. phideaux

No pics....No happened..

:)
    Jim

16. buster40c

Oh you really wanna be rubbing your eyes don't you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  17. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. Buster was gonna come up with some pics of him in his bibbies. I wanna know if you have more pics available but knew I couldn't afford to buy any. Don't Buster look very swavaaay and de-boner??? And one more thing Buster, if you are going to do some "modeling" and "walk the runway", you really need to wear some shoes. Not your work boots, but some nice looking semi modeling shoes.

BTW - he does look kinda sharp with them bibbies!!!!!

Tommy

18. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

19. phideaux

Did ya notice his socks match his hair.....

That's chic...

He must have lost his shoes to the dogs....huh?

Jim

20. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

And that Sig 226 he still hasn't sent me........