Lever action .22 mag

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by phideaux, Apr 17, 2015.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

After waiting , for this one, on order, for a year,
    It finally came in Wednesday,
    I , like some others here, really like the .22 mag round , and I really like Uberti firearms, especially the way they incorporated that chrome.

So I havent got to shoot it yet , but Ive cycled it thru a box of ammo, and,wow, is it smooth, and every ejected round landed in a 4 " pile, and even rapid action worked to perfection.

Plan on shooting it on Monday, then boxing it up and sending it back to Uberti (Benelli), for a stock replacement.
    There is some bad finish flaws on the stock, that you can only see when you put it under bright flourescent lights. Couldnt see them at the LGS .

They allready sent me a shppng label. My LGS is gonna send it for me.
    They said 5-7 days turn around.
    Ill get a range report when it comes home.

Other than that... I will know more when I shoot it.

Here it is for your approval (or disapproval)

Uberti Silverboy 22 mag lever action.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  2. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

It's hideous! I think you should just send it to me ;)
    Wow color me jealous!!!!!!!
    Congrats and very much looking forward to you getting it back and giving a range report!

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I haven't bought a long gun in quite a while as I had to give up hunting. Years ago I used to punch paper and did a lot of big game hunting and thoroughly enjoyed waterfowl. As you wish to send this back, you should send it to me first along with about 500 rounds so I can really check it out both physically and check for accuracy. I hope you will consider sending it immediately as the weather here is perfect and you will get a complete range report. OF COURSE, you will receive the satisfaction of knowing it is safe and then I can forward it on to your LGS. If this is not possible to do immediately, I will take it within the next 2 weeks. Just knowing you are safe and happy makes my heart flow with fulfillment. I don't normally do this HOWEVER in this case, I want to make sure you are satisfied. IF NOT, then consider it your loss and I can only say that I am totally jealous, envious and hurt! In any case, it sure looks good to me!!!!!!!!!!! Got any extras????
    Tommy

5. phideaux

See... thats what friends are all about....willing to help out.:cool:

Of course your all welcome to run on over to West Ky, and I WILL supply the ammo., and you can check it out to your hearts content..

your friend

Jim

6. ++GUNSLINGER45++

++GUNSLINGER45++ New Member

That is a very nice rifle congrats

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on a beautiful lever action Jim...!!

Lookin' forward to that range report...

8. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Does not look like it was made in China, that's for sure.

9. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

I picked up one last fall and am loving it, along with a Henry Frontier 17.

10. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That is a beauty and Uberti has a good reputation for quality.

11. phideaux

OK, for the first time, I have had dealings with Uberti customer service.

I shipped my Silverboy back to them , in MD, last Tues ,3:30 pm it was picked up. They received it last Thursday afternoon.
    Today is Thursday, of the following week, it was dropped off at my house an hour ago.

Paperwork says , stock replaced, test fired , meets Uberti specs.
    The new stock is much nicer than the original.
    It has beautiful grain config , the old one didn't.

[​IMG]

Great service IMHO.

Jim

12. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Had a Winchester

I had a Win. 94/22 in 22mag. years ago. Really liked that gun but I never used it for anything but admiring it on the rack. It was very accurate but after I shot it a few hundred times I kinda lost interest. Made the mistake of selling it just before collectors went crazy for them. Dang the luck! A couple of years back I got a smoking deal on an old Marlin .357 L/A that looked brand new. Had some fun with it, admired on the rack for a while and sold it at a profit. Dang good luck!
    Now I want another L/A. How's the trigger feel on this good looking hunk of art you got there? Been thinking about getting a Henry lately. But,hmmm..............
    Waiting for a range report. Thanks for showing the rifle.

13. phideaux

I still havent had a chance to shoot it yet.

SPRING time, gardening, yard work, etc...

I have tested the trigger, its nice, maybe 5lbs,

I am a Uberti fan, I have a few, Im not so much a Henry fan, only because of them painting their receivers,and there brass (Golden Boy) is not solid brass. The paint starts to peel over time. The brasslite is OK.Hentys are great rifles, just not MY favorite.

Uberti receivers are chromed(Silver Boy) or solid brass(Yellow Boy). Ubertis oooze with quality throughout. Thats just me MHO.

I will get a report up soon.

Jim

14. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Hey, that's good information. Thanks.
    Nice rifle. Now, if you could just tell my wife I need one I'd be all set.

15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Had no idea about that info on the Henry Rifle...why would anyone paint a receiver / not use solid brass on what THEY consider to be a heirloom gun.

Thought about a Henry because it's American Made...which, a long time ago, MEANT quality.

Damn shame...just another American industry on it's way down hill.

Looking forward to the range report on that Uberti Jim...

(Been lookin' at a Uberti Schofield in .45 Colt for sometime now...might "pull the trigger" when the income tax check finally arrives...)

http://www.uberti.com/top-break-revolver

16. phideaux

A good friend of mine has the Schofield top break in 45LC Uberti... man thats a nice revolver and shoots nice also.
    You will not be disappointed.

If I ever come across one at a bargain , it will be mine, to go with my Uberti 1866 Yellow Boy L/A.

I have a Uberti 1873 Cattleman in 45lc , love it.

Uberti is synomous with quality IMO.

Dont get me wrong, Henry is a fine rifle,
    My neighbor has one that shoots really good , after I recrowned it to get it to shoot POA.

Jim

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  17. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Man, we need a range report! It's been a full half month already.
    I'm getting a little twha-twit, twitchy over here.

If you just don't have the time, that is understandable.
    I can send you my shipping address and you can count on a range report post haste.(Same day service is my motto!)

Don't have to thank me. It would be my pleasure to help.

P S: No need to send a return shipping address label.:waving:

18. phideaux

I am ashamed ....
    I have 4 firearms sitiing in my gun room that have not been fired yet....shame shame.

Its just been , one thing after another, when it wasnt weather, I am so busy with garden and yarden..

and I have 2 ranges on my farm.:rolleyes:

SOON..

Jim

19. cgor

cgor New Member

Phideaux,

Really

Four guns and not even fired yet,I am not saying that you have a gun buying problem but the shame of it all.If you need a buddy to help you out with testing them out please let me know and I will gladly drive down and help you out.

20. phideaux

Thanks ,

Keep the first weekend in October open, and come on down and shoot anything I got, along with about 40 other guys, and anything they got..:cool::cool:

You wont be dissappointed.:)

Jim