Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've only owned one Mark pistol and unfortunately traded it years ago. Seeing all of these posts of them is going make me go out and buy a new one though!

·
Registered
30 Posts
My squirrel killer!

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent shooting! Nothing more relaxing than a "sit in the woods surrounding our empire" with a .22 pistol sniping tree rats for a skillet full of squirrel meat, gravy and dumplings:

·
Registered
101 Posts
1-DSC_0019.jpg

KMK 514. I dehorned the front sight to make it more holster and human friendly, added a Ranch Country extended mag release, and made the cocobolo grips. Oh, yeah...a Fastfire red dot sight, too.:oops:

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. The top two in picture #1 are my two favorite "shooters". The Government has a 'measured' 2 ¾ pound trigger, average of 10 measurements using an electronic gage mainly because I don't have a calibrated trigger finger as some do. ;)

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've picked up a couple of Mark IV uppers as sold by Volquartsen (VC) in their bargain bin section:

Both fit my Mark IV Competition Target perfectly:

Here's one of those uppers on my Mark IV Competition Target grip frame:

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BTW, for folks who give a rip, those "halo" bolt pull-back assists that are sold by the "scalper sisters" on the east coast for $49.95 plus shipping, and shop Ruger.com, the very same style, and lookalike are on ebay for $29.95 with free shipping.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Really! I'll have to check that out. I kinda like em. Thanks for all the info. You got some nice ones. I've been watching Volquartzen as well for some uppers. That 4.5" hunter you have is what I was after but it got gone fast.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Really! I'll have to check that out. I kinda like em. Thanks for all the info. You got some nice ones. I've been watching Volquartzen as well for some uppers. That 4.5" hunter you have is what I was after but it got gone fast.
Here's the picture for the one on ebay. Looks just as good as the one the two "scalpers" are selling.
From what I've found out about those two from others is that they only buy and then rename the product, jack up the price and hope like hell they don't get caught:

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been working with and on Ruger Mark pistols for 50+ years, and have kept some very extensive notes as to what can, or might, go wrong with these pistols, along with the Ruger 10/22 rifles, including the dismal Charger, and how YOU can fix those issues, so if any of the GOOD folks here have questions, feel free to send me an email or "private message" and we can discuss it without the rude interruptions from "those" two. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts